Partner, Canadian National Chair, Employment and Labour
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Pierre Hébert is the Canadian national chair of our employment and labour group. He represents and advises employers in certification and other related matters, grievance arbitrations, complaints for unjust dismissal, business acquisitions and reorganizations and the judicial review of decisions of administrative tribunals.
Mr. Hébert has also acted as spokesperson for numerous employers in approximately 125 labour negotiations, in such sectors as hotels, clothing and textiles, aluminum, communications, education, food, technology, metallurgy, pulp and paper, plastics and health products. More particularly, in recent years Mr. Hébert has acted as spokesperson in the following collective agreement renewals:
- Fairmont Queen Elizabeth, Fairmont Château Montebello and Fairmont Mont-Tremblant
- Johnson & Johnson Products
- Volvo Canada
- Celanese Canada Inc.
- Ipex Inc.: several plants across Canada
- Plastipak Industries: Regina, Toronto (twice) & Cookshire plants
- Rio Tinto Packaging
- Montreal Symphony Orchestra
- Multipak Ltd.
From 1994 to 2000, Mr. Hébert was a member of our Canadian management committee as both the chair of the students committee and deputy chair of the employment and labour law group in Canada.
LL.B., Dalhousie University, 1971
B.C.L., McGill University, 1970
B.A., Collège Mont St-Louis, 1966
- Quebec 1973
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Labour and employment law, 2006-2021
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2013-2019: recommended in Labour Relations – Management
- Guest speaker at training sessions organized by employer associations or for companies including Rio Tinto Alcan, Johnson & Johnson Products, Cargill Foods and Pfizer.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Foundation of the Centre de santé et de services sociaux Jeanne-Mance
- Pointe-à-Callière Museum Foundation
Publication | March 12, 2021
Publication | December 23, 2020
Publication | August 28, 2019