Related services and key industries
Peta Willoughby is an employment, industrial relations and safety lawyer based in Brisbane.
She focusses her practice in the areas of employment dispute resolution, litigation and advocacy, and acts as a trusted advisor for employers across the full spectrum of the employment relationship, including post-employment concerns.
Peta offers her clients a commercial and pragmatic approach in the fields of:
- complex employee management
- regulatory compliance, investigations and prosecutions
- industrial disputes and responding to industrial action
- contractual arrangements, interpretation and dispute management
- award compliance and enterprise bargaining
- right of entry disputes
- discrimination and equal opportunity law matters
- responding to misconduct issues of all kinds
- enforcement of post-employment rights and obligations
Previously, Peta worked in the area of employment relations and safety for another leading law firm from 2009 to 2016, as well as in government from 2016 to 2018. Her depth of experience in public sector employment matters affords her a deep understanding of the unique issues facing clients across the federal, state and local government spheres and Government Owned Corporations.
- Bachelor of Laws, Queensland University of Technology, 2009
- Master of Laws (Corporate and Commercial/Dispute Resolution), University of New South Wales, 2018
- High Court of Australia 2010
- Supreme Court of Queensland 2009
- Queensland Law Society
- Industrial Relations Society of Queensland