Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Sentebale is a litigation and dispute resolution lawyer in the construction team. He is a qualified mediator for the State of Missouri and specializes in construction, engineering, mining, energy and commercial litigation with experience in arbitration procedures and alternative dispute resolution.
He has acted on behalf of well-established national and international companies in the construction, mining, renewable energy and telecommunications space, including in relation to forensic investigations, disciplinary and other inquiries and disputes.
He has conducted workshops, seminars and presentations on construction related dispute resolution.
- LLB degree from the University of the Western Cape
- LLM in dispute resolution from the University of Missouri School of Law in the USA.
- Certificate in Advance Course in Construction Contracts from the University of Pretoria
- LLB Law 2009
- LLM (Dispute Resolution) 2011
- Advised Rand Water in rescission of judgement application and the setting aside of unlawful contract.
- Advised Veolia Water Solutions (Pty) Ltd (Contractor) in a contractual dispute with Employer.
- Advised various mining companies with objections and appeals relating to Municipal Valuations Roll and Rates.
- Advised Asani Group (Pty) Ltd in shareholders dispute.
- Acting for WSP Group Africa (Pty) Ltd (WSP) on a contractual dispute with the employer.
- Acting for a client in defence of a claim for the return of shares in the High court of South Africa.
- Acting for TagIT CC in a contractual dispute.
- Acted for Institute for Securities Studies as amicus curiae in the Constitutional Court matter of United Democratic Movement v Speaker of the National Assembly and Others.
- Acted for Corruption Watch as amicus curiae in the Constitutional Court of matter of Economic Freedom Fighters and Others v Speaker of the National Assembly and Another.
- Acted for Solairedirect Southern Africa (Pty) Limited in providing legal advice pertaining to the Renewable Energy Independent Power Producers Program of the Department of Energy (IPPP).
- Acted for an Engineering and Transaction Advisory Consortium in a dispute against various government institutions regarding a Mega Regional Sanitation Scheme worth R 4 500 000 000.00 (R4.5 Billion). The litigation, having a complex as well as technical nature, also encompassed the re-negotiating and re-drafting of FIDIC agreements as a part of the dispute resolution process. The WW team aided in facilitating discussion between government institutions and our client, as a part of the dispute resolution process.
- Acted for a Top-Tier Oil Field Service Company in a cross border dispute (DAB and Arbitration process) with a contactor in Pemba, Mozambique. The dispute involves construction litigation concerned with a (Green Book) FIDIC contract, where the client suffered damages in excess of USD 65 000 000.00 ($65 Million.
- Acted for various mining companies in relation to mine health and safety incidents and accidents.
- Acted for various telecommunications service providers in relation to various litigious commercial disputes.
- Acted for Eskom SOC Ltd in relation to in individual and collective labour law disputes with unions.
- Acted for Ingerop SA, a multinational Consulting Engineering firm, on various construction and procurement related disputes.
- Acted for Anglo American South Africa Limited in its defence of test case litigation brought against it by former Gold Mine Workers who allege that they have contracted silicosis as a result of exposure to silica dust during the course of their employment working under ground at various gold mines.
- Acted for Rustenburg Platinum mines in obtaining urgent interdict against community protests disrupting mine operations
- Preparation and registration of aircraft mortgages with the South African Civil Aviation Authority.
- Advised Eskom SOC Limited in relation to collective labour law disputes with unions.
- Acted for LanXess Chrome Mining Pty Ltd in respect of forensic investigations and disciplinary inquiry into employees charged with misconduct, fraud and corruption.
- Acted for a number of mining companies and other employers in obtaining urgent interdicts against unlawfully striking employees.
- Advised large companies in relation to labour disputes at the CCMA and Labour Court.
He is one of the 2018 Mail & Guardian Young South Africans, a finalist in the African Legal Attorney of the Year Awards 2018 (Associate Category) and a semi-finalist of the Standard Bank Rising Star Awards 2018.
Law Society of the Northern Provinces.
National Association of Democratic Lawyers NADEL (Deputy Chairperson of the Johannesburg branch).