Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Related services and key industries
Julia focuses on all aspects of competition law, including merger notifications and proceedings, exemption applications, leniency applications, complaint proceedings, managing dawn raids and compliance, including compliance training.
Her experience includes merger filings, including multi-jurisdictional mergers in South Africa and across Africa, as well as cartel and prohibited practice investigations. Her experience extends to various sectors including the infrastructure, transportation, automotive, TMT, FMCG and the healthcare sectors.
- Attorney qualified in the Republic of South Africa 2015
- Assisted in medium and large merger filings in South Africa, as well as merger filings in Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Tanzania and COMESA.
- Acted for various companies in relation to leniency and exemptions applications in South Africa.
- Acted for Bayer AG in its acquisition of Monsanto Company, which involved a complex cross-border transaction and attending to merger notifications in several African jurisdictions.
- Acted for IBM in its global acquisition of Red Hat, which involved attending to the merger notification in South Africa and coordinating with the global teams.
- Acted for Ford in relation to the divestment of part of its business to a joint venture to be operated by Mahindra in India, which involved a multi-jurisdictional merger notification process.
- Acted for Italtile in its acquisition of control of Ceramic Industries; obtaining Competition Tribunal clearance pursuant to prohibition by the Competition Commission.
- Assisted a global petroleum company in the successful opposition to an excessive pricing complaint brought by the Competition Commission in the Competition Tribunal, Competition Appeal Court and the Constitutional Court.
- Advised Transnet in relation to an investigation by the Competition Commission.
- Advised ARRIS in South Africa in relation to the merger notification for its acquisition by CommScope.
- Acted for an investment company with merger notifications for the acquisition of a pharmaceutical group in Kenya and COMESA, as well as its acquisition of a healthcare group in Kenya and Tanzania.
- Acted for a large Canadian airplane company regarding its cross jurisdiction acquisition in relation to merger notifications in Kenya and COMESA.
- Acted for a French independent power provider in notifying its acquisition of two HVAC companies in South Africa.