The lawyers who comprise our global bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency practice are skilled at addressing the many interconnected and complex issues faced by municipalities and other governmental entities experiencing financial difficulties. Our team combines decades of experience with a full range of financial, regulatory and litigation skills to enable us to spot issues before they arise, as well as develop innovative approaches to long-term problems.
Our lawyers have represented key parties in a number of significant municipal and governmental restructurings around the world, including every recent major US municipal restructuring, both in and out of court. Among these were the matters of Detroit, Michigan and Jefferson County, Alabama, the largest Chapter 9 municipal bankruptcies in US history.
Our areas of work include
- Bond issuances and exit financings
- Complex loan restructurings
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Employee benefits and pensions
- Executory contracts, leases, intellectual property licenses and forward, swap and trading contracts
- Financial institutions, funds and creditor representation
- Government relations
- Plans of adjustment
- Public finance
- Sale and purchase of distressed assets, debt and portfolios
- Valuation and solvency proceedings