In our global and diversity and inclusion policy we set out a number of general commitments to which all our regions have agreed.
As a firm we commit to
- Actively support diversity and inclusion and to ensure that all our people are valued and treated with dignity and respect.
- Strive continually to provide people with a working environment that is free from discrimination.
- Ensure partners, directors and managers work in partnership with their people to create and sustain an inclusive working environment where everyone’s unique contribution is valued.
- Ensure that decisions affecting employment, learning and development, promotion and career development are based on an individual’s ability and reflect genuine role requirements.
- Comply with relevant legislation by requiring all people to meet the minimum standards of behaviour and conduct in relation to how they treat their colleagues and other people they have contact with as part of their work with the Firm.
- Regularly review the policy and its practical application and make any updates to continue to work towards identifying and eliminating any discriminatory practices.
- Provide everyone within the firm with the appropriate information, via this policy, on diversity and inclusion in the workplace as well as to provide diversity and inclusion training for all our people.
- Make adjustments to meet the needs of people with disabilities where reasonable and practicable to do so.
- Ensure all internal publications and material reflect, in the language and images, the diversity of our people.
Our global diversity and inclusion objectives and targets include the below
- We are committed to achieving 30 per cent female representation on Excom, the global board, Mcoms, regional boards and across the partnership in 2020.
- We are committed to increasing the cultural diversity of our leadership committees across the partnership by 2020.
- We are committed to creating an environment where LGBTI colleagues can progress and develop their careers based on merit and without fear of discrimination and/or harassment.
- Our aspiration is to be a disability confident organisation. We aim to offer a workplace and a culture that allows people with disabilities to flourish.
- We will continue to focus recruitment efforts of under-represented ethnic groups and ensure there are effective talent management programmes in place to identify, develop and sponsor a diverse range of high potential talent.