SeminarNovember 19, 2020 | London
The Insurance Academy is an intensive one-day course on insurance law and regulation in the UK run and delivered by the insurance team at Norton Rose Fulbright.
The Insurance Academy aims to assist in-house teams to ensure that their junior lawyers or those lawyers who are new to insurance have a solid understanding of the legal and regulatory principles that apply to contracts of insurance. It will not be suitable for those who have an established knowledge of insurance contract law.
The all-day academy takes place at our London offices.
The programme will cover:
- The duty of good faith and the meaning of a fair presentation of the risk
- Principles of agency and the obligations of brokers
- Legal issues affecting insurance claims: causation, notification, reservation of rights and claims control
- Principles of construction and terms of the contract
- An introduction to the Lloyd’s market
- Solvency II – a simple introduction to the prudential regime
Mid-morning coffee, lunch, afternoon tea and drinks and nibbles after the Academy will be provided.
The Insurance Academy will count towards SRA continuing competence requirements.
The next Insurance Academy will take place in November 2020. To register an interest in attending or to make enquiries about the content of this course, contact email@example.com