RecordingGlobal | August 13, 2020
Welcome back to Norton Rose Fulbright's global Antitrust and competition group webinar series, Competitive edge. In the second episode, our Global Antitrust lawyers discuss developments in Class Actions and potential impacts in the US and abroad.
With welcome remarks and a summary of take-aways from our Global and US Head of Antitrust and Competition, Robin Adelstein, our panelists cover:
- Status and growth of class actions
- Relationship between regulators and plaintiffs' bar
- Ability for different classes of plaintiffs to pursue claims
- Prevalence of opt-outs
- Interplay between arbitration clauses and antitrust class actions
- Uncertainty over class certification standards
- Developments in antitrust class action discovery and impact on other jurisdictions
- Rise of litigation funders
- Challenges with settling class actions
Norton Rose Fulbright panelists
Robin Adelstein, Global Head of Antitrust and Competition
Darryl Anderson, Partner
Claire Forster, Partner
Eric Lefebvre, Partner
Mark Simpson, London Head of Antitrust and Competition
Amanda Wait, Partner
Stay tuned for the next webinar in our Competitive edge series on October 21st: Cooperation agreements across jurisdictions.
Missed Episode 1? We've got you covered. View the on-demand recording from June.