Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has advised Landis+Gyr Pty Ltd (Landis+Gyr) on the divestment of its entire interest in smart meters business Intellihub Operations Pty Ltd (Intellihub).
Landis+Gyr (a subsidiary of Swiss global meters giant Landis+Gyr Group AG) announced on 20 December its agreement to sell its entire interest in smart meters business Intellihub for over A$310 million.
Intellihub is an Australian and New Zealand based utility services company that delivers digital energy metering and data solutions. The transaction is subject to various closing conditions and, once completed, Intellihub will be jointly owned by Brookfield Infrastructure and Pacific Equity Partners.
Norton Rose Fulbright Corporate M&A partner, Adam Edelman, commented:
“We are pleased to have assisted Landis+Gyr with this transaction. Our client’s investment has been a great success over the last few years, but its divestment comes at an appropriate time in the energy transition period that Australia is now undergoing. We look forward to Landis+Gyr’s continuing expansion into the smart infrastructure, grid edge intelligence and smart metering sector.”
Working closely with Landis+Gyr Group General Counsel Holger Klafs (Switzerland) and General Counsel Asia Pacific Nikolina Regan (Sydney), Adam led the Norton Rose Fulbright team supported by senior associate Michael Phillips (Sydney), associate Andrew Cho (Sydney) and lawyer Ellen Pen (Perth).
Norton Rose Fulbright has also advised on a range of corporate M&A deals:
- advising Sandvik on acquisition of mine planning software company Deswik
- advising Sonic Healthcare Limited on pathology A.I. Joint Venture with Harrison.ai
- advising Stanmore Resources Limited on its proposed acquisition of an 80% interest in BHP Mitsui Coal for consideration of up to US$1.35 billion
- advising the buying consortium on the acquisition of units valued at $2.2 billion in the AMP Capital Retail Trust, regarding Pacific Fair (Qld) and Macquarie Centre (NSW)
- advising leading Asia-Pacific logistics real estate platform ESR’s acquisition of Blackstone’s Milestone logistics portfolio – the largest real estate deal in Australian history
- the $16.63 billion TPG / Vodafone merger – the largest Australian M&A deal of 2020
- advising leading global real asset investment manager PATRIZIA AG on its acquisition of infrastructure investment manager Whitehelm Capital – significantly increasing PATRIZIA’s global APAC footprint
- advising leading learning software company Seertech Solutions on a major investment by Quadrant Private Equity – the first investment by the $530 million Quadrant Growth Fund 2
- advising on the on-market takeover bid by Golden Investments for Stanmore Coal, the largest successful on-market takeover bid to be announced on the ASX in the past five years
- advising Shell on its sale to Global Infrastructure Partners of a 26.25% interest in the Queensland Curtis LNG (QCLNG) Common Facilities for US$2.5 billion
- advising Sumitomo on its acquisition of Nufarm LATAM business for AU$1.18 billion
- advising Spotless Group Limited on all legal aspects of its competitive sales process for the sale of its market leading Australian and New Zealand commercial laundry businesses
- advising China Mengniu Dairy Company Limited on its proposed $1.5 billion acquisition of Bellamy’s
For further information please contact:
Alex Boxsell, Head of Digital, Communications & Experience, Norton Rose Fulbright in Australia