Chief Product Officer
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
David Carter is our Chief Product Officer.
He leads the firm's client-facing change and innovation programme – NRF Transform – globally. He also oversees the firm's Legal Product and Consulting Department, and has particular responsibility for new technology-enabled legal services for clients.
David was previously the firm's Commercial Director, leading change in how we deliver legal work, and advising clients on legal design and strategy within their own organisations. He also had divisional responsibility for the firm's service delivery teams, including Legal Project Management, Resource Management, Commercial Management and Pricing, ensuring new ways of working are made available and supported effectively across the lawyer population.
David trained as a lawyer with us in London and Hong Kong. He practiced in our projects team, advising governments, sponsors and funders on major project financings and other structured finance transactions.
Example client projects delivered as part of NRF Transform:
- Creating a lean and standardised way of delivering banking conditions precedent and closings, using new technology and detailed process design, from our Newcastle Hub – now in use generally across the firm
- The renegotiation of 200+ contracts for a major European investment bank, with a central portal to track progress, ensure efficient working, and provide visibility to client management
- The automation of document production and workflow for a client's annual equity subscription programme, involving c.600 participants annually
- Delivery of a review exercise involving over 1,000,000 documents in 5 working days, for a court deadline, including the mobilisation of 45+ first line reviewers, and 20+ second line reviewers, over a weekend
- The bulk handling of claims for an airline as a one-stop-shop, from high-volume low-value claims for minor flight delays (in the aggregate a major client problem) to high value sophisticated claims
- Large scale verification of information (3000+ entries in 150+ jurisdictions) on public record, in a fully auditable and trackable way.