Norton Rose Fulbright Hong Kong
Related services and key industries
- Banking and finance
- Environmental, social and governance (ESG)
- Acquisition finance and corporate lending
Peter Haslam heads the firm's Hong Kong banking and finance practice.
He has more than three decades of experience and his area of practice covers a broad range of international banking activities, including syndicated loans, project finance, restructurings, acquisition finance and capital markets transactions.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Solicitor, qualified in Hong Kong
- A syndicate of six banks led by HSBC on a HK$3.285 billion energy transition revolving loan facility and a HK$1.961 billion energy transition ECA supported term loan facility to a power company in Hong Kong to finance the construction of an offshore liquefied natural gas receiving terminal.
- HSBC and MUFG on a US$300m MIGA-supported facility to Bangladesh Chemical Industries Corporation for the part-financing of a fertiliser plant in Polash, Bangladesh, guaranteed by the People's Republic of Bangladesh.
- HSBC France and CACIB on the EUR155mm BPI France supported term Facility to Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission for the part financing of a satellite system and guaranteed by the People's Republic of Bangladesh.
- A syndicate of banks involving HSBC, ICBC and C-EXIM on the facility to Bangladesh Power Development Board (a state-owned company) for the construction of the 330MW gas-fired power plant at Shahjibazar, Bangladesh. The facility was guaranteed by the Ministry of Finance of Bangladesh, and was further backed by the Chinese export credit agency Sinosure.
- Crédit Agricole Helsinki Branch and Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB (publ) on a Finnvera supported term loan facility for up to US$100m to Idea Cellular Limited. The facility was supported by a guarantee from the Finnish ECA Finnvera plc.
- A syndicate of eight banks led by HSBC on a US$430m dual tranche term facility to Chinese leading property developer Greentown China.
- A syndicate of lenders led by HSBC on a HK$516m and US$180m dual tranche term facility to China SCE Group.
- A syndicate of 25 banks, led by HSBC and BBVA, on a syndicated term loan facility of up to US$1.5 billion to Huawei Tech. Investment Co., Limited and Huawei Technologies Coöperatief U.A.
- SMBC on a Sinosure-supported term loan facility to Development Bank of Kazakhstan for the purpose of on-lending to PetroKazakhstan Oil Products LLP (a joint venture between CNPC and KazMunaiGas-Refinery and Marketing) in connection with the reconstruction and upgrading of its Skymkent Oil refinery in Kazakhstan.
- HSBC on a Sinosure supported facility for US$72.25m to the Government of Sri Lanka for health facilities.
- BTMU on secured project finance facilities to Route 3 (CPS) Company Limited to refinance outstanding indebtedness in connection with the development and operation of the Route 3 Tai Lam Tunnel and Country Park Section, Hong Kong.
- Citibank on the issuance of US$502.26m, 10.0% senior secured notes issued by Global A&T Electronics Ltd.
- Right Lane Limited (borrower) and Legend Holdings Limited (guarantor) on a dual tranche (HK$/US$) syndicated term facility. The guarantor is an investment holding company with interests in IT, financial services, agriculture, food and property development.
- China Mengniu Dairy on the US$1 billion loan facility for the purpose of its acquisition of Australia famous organic dairy brand Bellamy's.
- United Laboratories on a HKD/EUR dual currency term loan for up to HK$2 billion.
- Leading Individual: Banking and Finance – Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Hong Kong 2019-2021
- Band 2: Banking & Finance – Chambers Asia Pacific: China (incl Hong Kong) 2015-2021
November 16, 2023
January 12, 2023
May 19, 2022