Norton Rose Fulbright Hong Kong
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Jane Yau is a corporate lawyer based in Hong Kong.
Jane is particularly experienced in public mergers and acquisitions, IPOs, regulatory compliance under the Hong Kong Listing Rules and Takeovers Code. She has also advised on pre-IPO investments, privatisation, transfer of listing and joint ventures.
Jane is a qualified solicitor in Hong Kong. She holds a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Science from the University of Sydney, a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice from the College of Law in Australia and a Post-graduate Certificate in Laws from the City University of Hong Kong.
- Solicitor, qualified in Hong Kong
- Solicitor, qualified in New South Wales
Advising on IPO
- Sunac Services (1516.HK): spin-off listing and HK$8bn (US$1bn) global offering. Represented HSBC and Morgan Stanley.
- Poly Property Development (6049.HK): H-share spin-off listing and HK$5.4bn global offering. Represented GF, Huatai, ABCI, CLSA, UBS and CCBI.
- CMON Limited (1792.HK): transfer of listing to Main Board from GEM Board. Represented China Galaxy and Lego Corporate Finance.
- Weigang Environmental Technology (1845.HK): Main Board IPO and HK$265m global offering. Represented BOCI.
- China Isotope & Radiation (1763.HK): H-share Main Board IPO and HK$1.98bn global offering. Represented CICC and CLSA.
Advising on M&A
- Chow Tai Fook Enterprises: pre-conditional voluntary general cash offers to acquire all of the issued shares in NWS Holdings (0659.HK) and to cancel all of the outstanding options of NWS for a consideration in aggregate approx. HK$35.47 billion. Represented HSBC, BOCI and ING as joint financial advisers and HSBC as sole structuring adviser, to Chow Tai Fook Enterprises.
- China Mengniu Dairy (2319.HK): pre-conditional privatisation of Yashili International (1230.HK) by way of scheme of arrangement. Represented HSBC in its capacity as financial adviser to China Mengniu Dairy.
- A three-party consortium led by China Resources Power (0836.HK): GBP600 million acquisition of a 30% stake in 402MW Dudgeon Offshore Wind farm from Statkraft UK Limited by way of a competitive auction.
- Kerry Logistics Network (0636.HK):
- acquisition of the remaining 39% interest in K-Apex Logistics (HK) for a total consideration of up to HK$5.9 billion;
- acquisitions of certain minority interests in Malaysia, Thailand and the PRC (including Shanghai, Nanjing, Ningbo and Qingdao);
- formation of a series of joint ventures in Hong Kong, Southeast Asia and China from 2017 to 2019 involving capital contributions of over HK$250 million, for the purpose of offering international freight forwarding, logistics and other related services.
- Good Friend International Holdings (delisted, 2398.HK prior to delisting): privatisation by way of scheme of arrangement. Represented UOB Kay Hian (Hong Kong) Limited as the financial adviser to Good Friend (H.K.) Corporation.
- BBI Life Sciences (delisted, 1035.HK prior to delisting): privatisation by way of scheme of arrangement. Represented BBI Life Sciences.
- Shun Tak Holdings (0242.HK): S$155 million acquisition of the remaining 30% interest in 111 Somerset, a 17-storey commercial landmark in Singapore from a subsidiary of Perennial Real Estate Holdings Limited (40S.SGX).
- China Dili Group (1387. HK): RMB950 million acquisition of wholesaling and retailing businesses of agricultural produce supermarket chain, fresh food chain and supply chain and logistics management in China under the brand name of "Dili Fresh".
- SCMP (0583.HK, now known as Great Wall Pan Asia): HK$2.06 billion sale of its media business to Alibaba Investments Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Alibaba Group Holding Limited.
- Mandarin Chinese