Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Dov Preminger is an associate in the Austin office, where he specializes in complex commercial litigation including high-stakes business disputes, energy-sector cases, technology, medical, and biotechnology litigation, class actions, and antitrust cases. Dov has represented plaintiffs and defendants in federal and state courts at both the trial and appellate levels as well as in arbitration. He has tried cases to verdict, conducted arbitration hearings, taken depositions, managed discovery, and briefed and argued dispositive motions.
Prior to joining the Firm, Dov was a federal law clerk for the Honorable Alfred H. Bennett of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas in Houston. Dov was the first law clerk to complete a term for Judge Bennett.
JD, magna cum laude, University of Georgia School of Law, 2015
BS, Business, Washington University in St. Louis, 2007
While in law school, Dov served as a Notes Editor on the Georgia Law Review, competed as a member of the Georgia Moot Court team, and was elected to the Order of the Coif. Dov also served as a research assistant to Dean Peter B. Rutledge on several United States Supreme Court cases and participated in the law school's Appellate Litigation Clinic for the D.C. Circuit.
- Texas State Bar
- Prevailed in an arbitration hearing on behalf of a Texas medical insurer in a case against a medical equipment provider seeking over $8 million in damages; arbitrator issued 72-page opinion in client's favor dismissing all claims.
- Tried a class action lawsuit for a major insurance company on the issue of attorney's fees. The trial was one of the first of its kind in one of the longest-running cases in the county.
- Won dismissal of lawsuit filed by Houston Firefighters Relief & Retirement Fund against the City of Houston, the Mayor of Houston, and Houston City Council members claiming that legislation seeking to reform Houston's pension system (Senate Bill 2190) was unconstitutional.
- Successfully prevented the "apex" depositions of the senior-most executives of a Fortune 500 oil and gas company in a property tax dispute against a western state.
- Obtained a series of favorable judgments and settlements in numerous negligence and negligent entrustment cases for one of the world's largest car rental companies.
- Represented a Fortune 500 oil and gas company in a series of catastrophic personal injury cases arising out of a well blowout.
- Represented a hospital system in an antitrust action alleging merger-based claims under Sherman and Clayton Acts.
- Represented a company in a catastrophic personal injury case involving a burn victim.
- Represented a major internet company in a patent infringement lawsuit in Delaware.
- First-chaired criminal jury trials as a prosecutor for the City of Houston as part of Norton Rose Fulbright's Attorney Loan Program.
- Obtained a stay in a pro bono death penalty case, successfully convincing a federal court to stay a habeas corpus petition pending a decision in the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals.
- Won a $167,000 judgment in a pro bono case on what was initially a $20,000 claim in a breach of contract and Deceptive Trade Practices Act case against a contractor who failed to perform.