Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Jessica Rodríguez is a knowledge lawyer in Norton Rose Fulbright's Houston office. She maintains and manages firm knowledge and provides support to firm attorneys by developing and maintaining knowledge resources, sharing legal insights, tracking industry trends, and developing and delivering trainings. Her work focuses on the corporate, M&A, and securities team and the energy, infrastructure, and resources practice.
Jessica joined Norton Rose Fulbright's Houston office in 2015 and previously worked as a senior associate on the corporate, M&A, and securities team, specializing in energy transactions. In her role as a senior associate, Jessica advised domestic and international clients in transactional matters in the energy industry, including matters relating to LNG export projects, pipeline systems, and oil and gas properties. She has advised on several of Norton Rose Fulbright's most notable transactions on behalf of energy clients.
JD, with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 2015
BA, summa cum laude, Spanish, Trinity University, 2012
While in law school, Jessica was a member of the Chicano/Hispanic Law Student Association and was a member of the Review of Litigation.While at Trinity University, Jessica was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
- Texas State Bar
- Secondment at an international natural resources company assisting with upstream infrastructure in the Gulf of Mexico, including acquisitions and divestitures of offshore assets in the Gulf of Mexico, day-to-day operational matters, and internal reporting and corporate governance requirements.
- Representation of an oil and gas major in connection with its equity investment in an LNG-to-power project in Porto do Açu, Brazil.
- Representation of a U.S. LNG export terminal customer in negotiation of multi-user maritime agreements.
- Representation of a mining and minerals company in connection with its divestment of offshore properties.
- Representation of an oil and gas major in connection with its purchase of an oil storage terminal in South America.
- Representation of a major chemicals company in the negotiation of a long-term purchase and sale agreement for steam and electricity from a qualifying cogeneration facility.
- Representation of a commercial and industrial equipment supplier in its internal reorganization in Peru, Ecuador, and Venezuela.
- Representation of a domestic liquefied natural gas project developer in the permitting and regulatory approval process before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Fossil Energy.
- Representation of a foreign investor in regulatory and commercial due diligence with respect to a potential investment in a domestic liquefied natural gas project.
- Representation of an international investor in connection with regulatory and commercial due diligence and its participation in a joint venture among a consortium of investors for the financing and development of a U.S. Gulf Coast LNG export facility.
- Representation of a global trading company in connection with capacity arrangements for acquisition of U.S. LNG export capacity and associated LNG sale and purchase agreements with multiple global LNG suppliers.
- Representation of a global trading company in connection with LNG sale and purchase arrangements relating to a proposed LNG export terminal.
- Representation of a global trading company in connection with equity investment in a South American LNG export project, including joint venture agreement, commodity supply and offtake agreements and associated project financing.
- Representation of an oil and natural gas exploration and production company in the drafting of form master services agreements and the negotiation thereof with multiple counterparties.
- Representation of a private equity-backed developer in connection with corporate structuring, gas purchase and sale contracts, transportation agreements and various other project development matters in connection with the development of multiple intrastate and cross-border natural gas pipelines.
- Representation of an oil and natural gas exploration and production company in connection with the acquisition and divestiture of oil and gas and gathering assets in California, Kansas, and Oklahoma.
- Legal 500 US, Rising Star, Energy: Transactions: oil and gas, The Legal 500, 2019 – 2023
- Legal 500 US, Recommended Lawyer, Energy: Transactions: oil and gas, The Legal 500, 2019 – 2023
- The Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Energy Law, Best Lawyers, 2022 - 2024
- The Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Oil and Gas Law, Best Lawyers, 2022 - 2024
- Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, Houston Young Lawyers Association, 2020
- Author, "Enforcement of Annulled Arbitral Awards in the United States: Is a Return to Chromalloy Warranted,?" The Review of Litigation, Spring 2015, Vol. 34, No. 2
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Hispanic Bar Association
June 07, 2023
September 21, 2021
June 28, 2021