Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Erik Janitens is a senior associate in the Houston office. His practice focuses on intellectual property matters across a wide range of technology fields, including wireless communications, computer hardware and software, integrated circuits, consumer electronics, telecommunications, mobile applications, and Internet technologies. He has experience handling all aspects of patent litigation in district court and the ITC, including discovery (document collection/production, written discovery, and depositions), infringement and invalidity contentions, claim construction, expert reports, mediation, and settlement negotiations.
Erik also has experience with inter partes review proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB). His experience spans all aspects of both bringing and defending against inter partes review petitions—from drafting petitions, preliminary responses, and post-institution briefing and expert reports, to taking and defending depositions.
Prior to law school, Erik was a dry etch process engineer at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.
JD, University of Houston Law Center, 2015
BS, cum laude, Electrical Engineering, The University of Michigan, 2008
- Texas State Bar
- US Patent and Trademark Attorney
- The Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Intellectual Property Law, Best Lawyers, 2022 – 2024
- The Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Patent Law, Best Lawyers, 2022 – 2024
- Top Lawyer, Houstonia Magazine, 2022
- "Social Media Property Rights," Norton Rose Fulbright Social Media Law Bulletin, July 25, 2016
- "Social engineering fraud," Norton Rose Fulbright Social Media Law Bulletin, March 1, 2016
- "DMCA Exemption – vehicle software," Norton Rose Fulbright Brand Protection Blog, December 17, 2015
- United State Patent and Trademark Office