Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Nick Hendrix is a senior associate in the Dallas office of Norton Rose Fulbright and is part of the disputes group. Nick concentrates his practice in the area of complex business litigation, with an emphasis on class action defense and bankruptcy related litigation. Nick also has experience with cybersecurity and data breach litigation, antitrust disputes, and insurance coverage matters.
Prior to joining Norton Rose Fulbright, Nick served as a law clerk for the Honorable Phil Johnson of the Supreme Court of Texas.
JD, summa cum laude, Texas Tech University School of Law, 2013
BBA, finance, The University of Texas at Austin, 2009
Nick was admitted to practice law in Texas in 2013 and is also admitted to the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Western and Southern Districts of Texas and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
While in law school, Nick served as the Business Manager for the Texas Tech Law Review . He was also a member of the Order of the Coif and Phi Kappa Phi. At UT, Nick was part of the University of Texas Silver Spurs.
- Texas State Bar
- Current representation of publicly-traded company in multiple nationwide data breach class actions filed in Florida, California and Texas (now consolidated in Florida), alleging claims and damages arising from stolen payment card information from a data breach incident at corporate-owned restaurants.
- Current representation of agent on behalf of syndicate of lenders in multiple adversary matters stemming from insolvency proceedings in Florida.
- Current representation of multiple healthcare systems in putative class actions related to billing practices.
- Served as litigation counsel to secured lender in Chapter 11 restructuring of ceramic and hydraulic fracturing company in the US Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- Served as litigation counsel to oil and gas debtor in Chapter 11 proceedings in US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Represented multiple insurers in data breach class action filed in Missouri relating to a W-2 phishing incident. Following motion to dismiss and class certification briefing, matter settled very favorably.
- Obtained summary judgment in Texas state court on behalf of motion picture exhibitor in contentious antitrust action brought by another exhibitor
- Secured a reverse-and-render decision from Sixth Court of Appeals on behalf of Texas-based oil and gas company after protracted litigation involving claims for breach of contract, fraud, negligent misrepresentation, unjust enrichment, and money had and received
- Represented fuel-loyalty company in three-week $6 million jury trial in Dallas County, Texas, in pursuit of fraud claims against company's minority owner and in defense of breach-of-fiduciary duty claims brought by the minority owner
- Defended multiple broker-dealers in FINRA arbitrations brought by customers related to breach of fiduciary duty, negligence, and failure to supervise
- Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2021
- The Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation, Best Lawyers, 2021
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Texas Supreme Court Historical Society