Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Lena Serhan is an associate residing in the Houston office. Her practice focuses on international arbitration and civil litigation in state and federal courts.
After law school, Lena clerked for the Honourable Judge Sim Lake, United States District Court Judge for the Southern District of Texas.
- JD, Order of the Coif, with honors, University of Texas School of Law, 2017
- Texas Law Review: Notes Editor, 2016-2017; Member, 2015-2016.
- BS, summa cum laude, Legal Studies in Business, Tulane University, 2014
Lena is admitted to practice in the state of Texas, as well as the Southern District of Texas.
Prior to working at Norton Rose Fulbright, Lena clerked for the Honorable Judge Sim Lake in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- Texas State Bar
- Obtained a favorable Final Award for a technology and services company under the JAMS International Arbitration Rules against a Russian oilfield services company. The dispute arose under a sale and distribution agreement and the Tribunal awarded full recovery with interest, attorneys' fees, and costs.
- Represented a natural gas distribution and storage company based in Mexico in a contract dispute against another natural gas distributor under the ICC Arbitration Rules.
- Represented an international oil and gas company in an LCIA arbitration in a dispute over the price of natural gas.
- Represented an international classification society in a cross-border dispute involving a European litigation and simultaneous U.S. arbitration.
- Representing an international oil and gas company in an ad hoc arbitration under the UNCITRAL Rules with respect to an LNG sales contract with a take-or-pay arrangement. The dispute involves a claim that a force majeure event relieves the counterparty from its obligations under the contract.
- Representing an international energy company in an ongoing NAFTA arbitration against the Government of Canada under ICSID Arbitration Rules.
- Representing a State in enforcement and annulment actions in federal court following an international arbitration award.
- Representing a European manufacturer of steel chains in federal court for claimed damages of over US$500 million.
- Representing an international energy company in a contract dispute regarding the purchase and supply of crude oil Texas Court.
- Advised a state on maritime delimitation arbitrations under UNCLOS.
- Advising an energy company on environmental litigation and sustainability issues.
- Advised an international oil and gas company with respect to contracts it has with a State.
- Represented a leading pipeline construction company in mediations that resulted in favorable settlements.
- Author, "Arbitration Unbound: How the Yukos Oil Decision Yields Uncertainty for International Investment," Texas Law Review, Volume 95 Issue 1, November 2016
- Presenter, Houston Maritime Arbitrators Association Arbitrator Training Course, Houston, January 2020
- Panelist, Careers in International Arbitration, University of Texas at Austin, TILJ, March 2020
- Presenter, Understanding the availability and scope of US discovery for foreign disputes: The power and peril of 28 U.S.C. § 1782, November 2020