Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Corporate governance
- Capital markets
- Private equity and venture capital
Geetika is an associate in Norton Rose Fulbright's Projects group. Her practice focuses on domestic and international business transactions and corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, project development, corporate governance, securities offerings, private equity, venture capital and project financings involving renewable energy, energy storage and power generation projects – including wind, solar, battery storage and other technologies. She also has experience working with other industries including emerging technologies, healthcare, FinTech and energy.
Geetika was nominated to join the Council on Foreign Relations Young Professionals Briefing Series and participates in the Women of Renewable Industries and Sustainable Energy organization and the Houston Young Lawyers Association.
Prior to law school, Geetika served as the Special Assistant to the President of The University of Texas at Austin. Through this role, she was a strategic consultant and advisor to the president, led the development of the university's international strategy and assisted the university's lead counsel with argument preparation for the United States Supreme Court case, Fisher v. University of Texas.
JD, Berkeley Law, 2019
Visiting Scholar, Harvard Law School, 2018 - 2019
BA, High Honors, Phi Beta Kappa, Dean's Distinguished Graduate, International Relations and Global Studies, The University of Texas at Austin
During law school, Geetika was awarded American Jurisprudence Awards for International Business Negotiations and Entertainment Law, the Prosser Prize for Drafting Business Contracts, Pro Bono Honors and a Certificate in Business Law. She served as the President of the Berkeley Startup Law Initiative, as the President of the Texas Club at Berkeley Law and on the leadership team of the Berkeley Business Law Journal. She also participated in the Harvard Women's Law Association and the Harvard Texas Club.
At UT, she served as the Senate of College Councils President, the Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Fraternity President, an Undergraduate Fellow with the Clements Center for History, Strategy and Statecraft and assisted Admiral William McRaven with developing UT System's strategic planning process.
- Texas State Bar
- Represented Belltown Power in the sale of a portfolio of development-stage solar projects located in Texas, including a 60 MWac facility in Cooke County, a 135 MWac facility in Fannin County, and a 60 MWac facility in Van Zandt County.
- Represented Kansai Electric Power Co., Inc. in the purchase of a 48.5% interest in a joint venture with a subsidiary of Ares Management Corporation and a subsidiary of an electric utility company for the construction and operation of the Aviator Wind Project, a 525 MW wind project in Coke, County Texas.
- Represented startup companies and venture capital funds in convertible notes, Series A, Series B and Series C financings.
- Council on Foreign Relations Young Professionals Briefing Series – Member
- Women of Renewable Industries and Sustainable Energy – Member; Peer Mentor Program Participant
- Houston Young Lawyers Association – Member; HYLA Leadership Academy Fundraising Committee Chair 2019-2020
- Center for Women in Law – Accelerate: First Year Associates Program Participant
Norton Rose Fulbright represents National Grid Ventures in the formation of a joint venture for offshore wind projects
May 20, 2021
April 01, 2021
February 12, 2021