Related services and key industries
Mónica Borda-Olarte's practice focuses on the financing and development of energy, transportation, and other industrial and infrastructure projects.
LL.M, Stanford Law School, 2016
Certified Specialist, Energy and Mining Law, Universidad Externado de Colombia, 2014
Bachelor of Law, Universidad de los Andes, 2011
Mónica was the recipient of the COLFUTURO Scholarship in 2015 and her Bachelor's Thesis was awarded an honorable mention in 2011.
- New York State Bar
International Project Finance and Corporate
- Represented BNP Paribas Fortis and the US International Development Finance Corp. (DFC) on the US$150 million financing of the 122 MW Cañadón León wind farm being developed by YPF Energía Eléctrica SA in Cañadón Seco, in Argentina.
- Represented Corporacion Andina de Fomento together with Banco Bice and Banco Securite as lenders to the 188 MW PV Atacama Solar Project being developed by Sonnedix in the north of Chile.
- Represented International Finance Corporation, Banco Centroamericano de Integración Económica and OPEC Fund for International Development on post-closing matters with respect to the approximately US$150 million of senior secured loan facilities for a portfolio of utility-scale solar projects in Honduras and the sale of the solar projects to a new sponsor.
- Represented Corporación Andina de Fomento and a group of commercial banks in connection with a US$120 million A/B loan for Banco Regional SAECA in Paraguay.
- Represented Corporación Andina de Fomento, Proparco and DEG - Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft with respect to the US$80 million syndicated loan granted to Banco Continental SAECA for agricultural projects in Paraguay.
- Represented the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency – MIGA with respect to a guarantee for equity investment granted to Fisterra Energy Holdings for the investment in the combined cycle gas turbine Ciclo Combinado Tierra Mojada S.A. de R.L de C.V. in Mexico.
- Represented a private developer in connection with the awarding process by the Colombian government of one of the nine concessions for the design, construction, finance, operation and maintenance of a toll road project in the northern region of Colombia and its subsequent finance.
- "Colombia: Opportunities and challenges," Project Finance NewsWire, February 2020
- "Energy storage in Latin America and the Caribbean," Project Finance NewsWire, February 2018
- "Argentina Plans to Auction More PPAs," Project Finance NewsWire, April 2017
- "Chile: Solar Outlook," Project Finance NewsWire, December 2016
- "The Past and Future of Nuclear Power: Is it the greenest option?" Environmental Law and Policy LLM Blog Stanford Law School, December 2, 2015
- Member Editor, Stanford Environmental Law Journal
- Universidad Externado de Colombia, Certificate in Oil and Gas Law, Bogota, Colombia, 2013
- Research Assistant, World Bank, 2011
- Student Attorney, Universidad de los Andes, Law School Nonprofit Clinic, 2010–2011
- Research Assistant, Universidad de los Andes, Law School Tax Department, 2010