Sumantha Rani Sedor
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Sumantha Rani SedorvCard
Related services and key industries
- Life sciences and pharmaceuticals
- Private equity and venture capital
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Capital markets
- Investment funds
- Wealth and private client
Sumantha (Sumi) Sedor has experience in a broad range of matters, including assisting technology and life sciences companies with licensing transactions, distribution and supply arrangements, product acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances and corporate partnering, along with experience in corporate restructuring, venture capital, private investments in public companies (PIPE) transactions, corporate compliance and disclosure, corporate governance and other general corporate matters. Sumi also assists family offices and high net worth individuals in similar corporate undertakings.
JD, John Jay Legal Scholar and Merit Scholar, Member: Grand Moot Court Team, Pace University School of Law, 2005
BS, Boston College, Carroll School of Management, 2000
- New York State Bar
- Currently advising and representing both domestic and international pharmaceutical companies in connection with various licensing agreements, distribution and supply arrangements, joint ventures, product acquisitions, authorized generic agreements, corporate restructuring, corporate governance and other various corporate matters.
- Acted as de facto General Counsel for a pharmaceutical company specializing in the generic industry handling essentially all corporate related legal matters, including negotiating and finalizing confidentiality agreements, master services agreements, CRO agreements, clinical trial agreements, laboratory and clinical supply agreements, manufacturing and supply agreements, consultant agreements, construction agreements and other similar agreements.
- Represented a private US pharmaceutical company on an alliance for a joint product launch with a US subsidiary of a public pharmaceutical company.
- Represented and assisted a Canadian pharmaceutical company and its international associated companies in expanding its pipeline by entering into an exclusive development, license and supply agreements with a public pharmaceutical company for the developmental stage formulation of epinephrine for emergency treatment of severe anaphylactic reactions.
- Represented a private US Pharmaceutical company on a research and licensing agreement a public pharmaceutical company for the purpose of discovering and developing a cure for psoriasis and other diseases.
- Represented and assisted a private US pharmaceutical company and its international associated company in expanding its pipeline by the development and execution of a novel US$500 million collaboration agreement/equity investment/line of credit transaction structure with a public pharmaceutical company.
- Represented and assisted a US pharmaceutical company and its international associated company in expanding its pipeline by the development and execution of a US$95 million collaboration agreement/equity investment transaction structure with a public pharmaceutical company.
- Represented multiple investors in multiple venture capital rounds (Series A and Series B) in Blink Health.
- Represented multiple investors in multiple venture capital rounds (Series C, Series D and Bridge) in Achronix Semiconductor.
- Represented the largest shareholder of a publicly owned technology company in multiple PIPE financings.
- Represented one of the investors in the start-up financing of a biotechnology company that was developing products to diagnose and treat dry and wet Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD).
- Represented a private US pharmaceutical company in the dissolution of a joint venture and corresponding new licensing and distribution arrangement.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in the asset acquisition of a currently marketed branded product.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in connection with authorized generic agreements of a currently branded product.
- "'Til Deadlock Do Us Part," Corporate Practice NewsWire, May 2012
- "'Til Deadlock Do Us Part," Client Alert, June 1, 2011
- "Antidotes for an Ailing Biotechnology Sector," Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News, September 1, 2009
- "SEC Adopts Long-Awaited Final Rules to Ease the Deregistration Process for Foreign Private Issuers," Client Alert, April 10, 2007
- "SEC Reproposes Rules to Ease the Deregistration Process for Foreign Private Issuers," Client Alert, January 9, 2007
- "SEC's Proposed Rules to Ease Deregistration Process for Foreign Private Issuers," Client Alert, January 31, 2006
- "Treasury and IRS Issue 'Second Round' of 409A Guidance: What You Need to Know and Do Before Year End," Client Alert, October 27, 2005
- "New Guidance Clarifies 409A’s Application to Separation Pay Arrangements," Client Alert, October 27, 2005
- "Treasury and IRS Issue Long-Awaited 'Second Round' of 409A Guidance," Client Alert, September 29, 2005
- Member, Diversity Initiatives Committee
- Member, Recruiting Committee
- Member, Professional Staff Committee