Related services and key industries
As an attorney in private practice and as Assistant General Counsel for a large publicly traded chemical/metals/mining corporation, Paul has assumed substantial responsibilities in all areas of litigation, mass toxic tort, class action litigation, real estate, mediations, arbitrations, contracts management, insurance recovery, labor/employment union negotiations (including grievance and arbitration) and collections.
JD, The University of Tulsa, College of Law, 1992
BA, Economics, Southern Methodist University, 1985
Paul is admitted to practice in the Northern, Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas.
- Texas State Bar
- Lead counsel for over 1,000 toxic tort matters in Texas.
- Collected over $60 million in insurance recovery (defense costs) from major insurers for a large publicly traded company without the need for litigation.
- Assisted in defending the largest manufacturer of lead paint in the United States in lead paint related public nuisance and product liability lawsuits nationwide.
- Negotiated collective bargaining agreements with steel unions in Illinois and Ohio for a major steel, wire and re-bar company.
- As an Assistant General Counsel, Paul assisted in the representation of the 3rd largest Titanium Dioxide (Ti02) manufacturer in the country in a price fixing class action matter.
- AV Rated Lawyer, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
- "Giving Your Deposition," CLE Presentation to Dallas/Fort Worth Legal Assistants, Dallas, TX, July 15, 2010
- "Effective Settlement Strategies," Mealys Asbestos Litigation 101, Washington, DC, February 14, 2004
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Texas General Counsel Forum
- Salesmanship Club of Dallas