Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Alexis is an associate on the commercial disputes team, advising clients from various industries on data protection, privacy, cybersecurity and governance issues. Her experience includes compliance with international, federal and state privacy regulations including GDPR, CCPA, CPRA, HIPAA, GLBA, COPPA and FERPA, as well as assisting clients to build and mature privacy compliance programs, conduct audits of their privacy practices, and map the use and processing of personal information.
Alexis also has significant experience advising clients on identifying and responding to data security incidents. She assists clients and third parties to contain incidents, investigate the cause and scope, and prepare public and regulatory communications on behalf of clients. Alexis is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
In addition to her privacy and cybersecurity experience, Alexis has experience in both commercial and white-collar litigation working on high-stakes litigations and investigations.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 2017
- Certificate in Refugees and Humanitarian Emergencies
- BS, summa cum laude, Florida State University, 2014
In law school, Alexis was Executive Editor of the Georgetown Journal of International Law, on the Trial Advocacy Division of the Barristers' Council and was involved with the International Women's Human Rights Clinic and the Guantanamo Bay Observer Program.
Alexis is admitted to practice in New York and the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
- New York State Bar
- Rising Star, New York Metro Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2020
- Co-author, "Obstacles in the Road: The Multi-Faceted Approach to IP Protection in the Autonomous Vehicle Sector," The Journal of Robotics, Artificial Intelligence & Law, November-December, 2018
- Co-author, "Uber as a HIPAA business associate," Data Protection Report, March 7, 2018
- Co-author, "HHS OCR issues cyber extortion newsletter," Data Protection Report, February 1, 2018
- Co-author, "European Commission issues new GDPR guidance," Data Protection Report, January 24, 2018
- Co-author, "Commercial division update – The role of New York residency in forum non conveniens dismissals," New York Law Journal, December 14, 2017
- "Floating Armories: A Legal Grey Area in Arms Trade and the Law of the Sea," Georgetown Journal of International Law vol. 48.3, 2017
- American Bar Association
- New York City Affairs Committee Member, New York City Bar Association
- Junior Board Member, Make-A-Wish Metro New York and Western New York