Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Hani is a Senior Counsel currently based in our Houston offices. His practice focuses on M&A, joint ventures, labor and immigration, and corporate and commercial transactions in the Middle East region.
He has over 15 years of experience practicing in multiple jurisdictions, including California, Texas, and Dubai, and has been responsible for managing M&A and joint venture transactions supporting large multi-national clients including Exxon Mobil, Pfizer, and Albemarle.
Hani received his law degree from the New York University School of Law and graduated summa cum laude with a degree in Economics from the University of Southern California.
JD, New York University School of Law, 2001
BA, summa cum laude, Economics and International Relations, University of Southern California, 1998
- California State Bar
- Texas State Bar
- Provided legal support and coordination regarding legal affairs (including acting as General Counsel) for Middle East operations of Fortune 100 automotive services company
- Advised Fortune 100 foods and beverage company regarding restructuring of Middle East and Africa operations
- Advised multinational architecture firm regarding settlements with multiple United Arab Emirates quasi-governmental developers
- Represented multinational logistics company regarding Dubai International Financial Centre - London Court of International Arbitration, arbitration proceedings and corresponding settlement
- Advised Fortune 100 oil services company regarding United Arab Emirates federal and emirate anti-bribery laws and United States Corrupt Practices Act
- Advised Fortune 100 consulting company regarding drafting and updating of human resources department documentation and policies relating to the United Arab Emirates and the Dubai International Financial Centre free zone
- Advised Middle East services company regarding the construction and financing of a factory relating to a new manufacturing venture
- Advised multinational bank regarding securities offering in the United Arab Emirates and the Dubai International Financial Centre free zone
- Advised multinational aviation company regarding sale, financing and registration of aircraft in the United Arab Emirates
- Advised multinational lighting controls company regarding formation and structuring of operations in the United Arab Emirates
- Advised Fortune 500 foods company regarding settlement with commercial agent and deregistration of United Arab Emirates commercial agency
- Advised and assisted Saudi entrepreneur regarding acquisition of United Arab Emirates retail company
- Advised multinational subscriber identification module vendor regarding termination of joint venture, settlement and restructuring of relationship into supplier-vendor arrangement
- Advised multinational financial institution regarding restructuring of its combined equity investment and Islamic Financing facility relating to a healthcare provider in the Saudi Arabia.
- Advised telecommunications products distributor relating to joint venture with OEM regarding manufacturing, sale and distribution of telecommunications products in over 30 countries.
- Advised Japanese electronics manufacturer regarding UAE consumer protection law relating to defective product recall.
- Co-author, "UAE: Anti-Bribery Considerations", The Oath magazine – June 2014.
- Contributor, "Doing Business in the United Arab Emirates" released through American Business Council of Dubai and the Northern Emirates, 2014.
- "UAE Labor Law," Knowledge Exchange Series, American Business Council of Dubai & the Northern Emirates, 2015
- "Labor, Immigration and Emiratization," I.D.E.A.S. Business Forum, American Business Council of Dubai & the Northern Emirates, 2013
- "UAE Labor Laws"/American Business Council of Dubai & the Northern Emirates, 2013
- American Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- American Business Council of Dubai & Northern Emirates
- American Business Group of Abu Dhabi