Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
- Asset finance
- Acquisition finance and corporate lending
- Asset-based lending
- Banking and finance
- Corporate finance
- Debt capital markets
- Life sciences and pharmaceuticals
- Structured trade and commodity finance
Catherine Young Hagerty advises financial institutions and other lenders, borrowers and equipment leasing companies on the structuring, documentation and administration of various forms of complex debt financings. Catherine works with clients in a wide variety of industries and has experience in the container leasing, technology, drug/device, healthcare, semiconductor equipment manufacturing and timber management, retail, engineering and construction industries.
In addition to her work on credit facilities multiple types including, cash flow, asset-based, subscription backed, and warehouse facilities, she has extensive experience creating bankruptcy remote vehicles to serve as borrowers or issuers of notes, or sellers of receivables. Her structured finance experience spans a variety of industries, assets and transaction structures, such as securitizations, factoring/true sales of receivables, trade/supply chain finance, royalty finance and other intellectual property monetization, vendor finance programs involving creation of captive finance subsidiaries and related sale and financing contracts and financing outsourcing transactions involving bundled equipment, software and services.
Catherine has negotiated many securitizations and private placements to US institutional investors under Rule 144A and Regulation D, and to non-US persons under Regulation S, as well as warehouse finance ABS transactions involving commercial paper conduits. She has worked at length with rating agencies to finalize and close rated transactions in varying market conditions and is well-versed in related requirements both in theory and in practice.
Catherine's leasing experience ranges the lifespan of equipment, including vendor agreements, sale and leasebacks, lease originations, cross-border leases, portfolio acquisitions and divestitures, lease securitizations and restructurings.
Catherine has worked with many clients in the FinTech industry, on marketplace lending originations and securitizations, and online trade finance platforms (including in the cannabis industry).
JD, Duke University School of Law, 2000
BA, College of William & Mary, 1997
- California State Bar
- New York State Bar
- Author, "Making your customer receivables more "financeable" for a receivables purchase facility," The Banking Law Journal, September/October 2020
- Author, "Securitization of Shipping Containers," and "Securitization of Equipment and Auto Leases," 6th edition, Equipment Leasing - Leveraged Leasing, 2020
- Member, Opinions Committee, California Lawyers Association Business Law Section
- Former member, Commercial Transactions Committee, California Lawyers Association Business Law Section
May 03, 2021
February 12, 2021
September 23, 2020