Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Megan Savage is a projects associate in the Houston and Austin offices. Her practice focuses on renewable energy transactions and projects, including joint ventures, project development, acquisition and sales of, and other investments in, renewable energy generation, transmission and storage projects.
JD, summa cum laude, University of Houston Law Center
BA, Phi Beta Kappa, Government, University of Texas at Austin
BS, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Communication Studies, University of Texas at Austin
- Texas State Bar
- Belltown Power in the sale of a 275 MW solar development project located in Denton County, Texas.
- Large developer in the purchase of a 400 MW solar-plus-storage project located in Fresno County, California.
- Private equity fund and solar developer joint venture in connection with development of solar generation portfolio, including a 540-acre solar generation facility.
- Private equity fund and solar developer joint venture in connection with more than $200 million joint commitment in company that invests in, owns and operates clean energy projects.
- Battery manufacturer in agreements for maintenance, operation and sale of battery storage systems for solar projects.
- Underwriters to renewable YieldCo joint venture in its $420 million initial public offering of common units.
- Tax equity investor in connection with the acquisitions and divestitures of a large portfolio of wind, solar and geothermal projects.
- Privately-held oil and gas company in a $2.55 billion cash and stock sale of all of its leasehold interests and related assets.
- Privately-held oil and gas company in $735 million acquisition of natural gas assets in Northwestern Colorado.
- Publicly-traded oil and gas production company in multiple acquisitions and divestitures, including formation of midstream joint venture and subsequent sale of assets for $1.215 billion and $290 million sale of Texas oil and gas interests and assets.
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Texas Rising Star, Thomson Reuters, 2020 - 2021
- Texas Monthly Rising Star, Texas Monthly, 2020-2021
- Top Women Attorneys in Texas, Texas Monthly, 2021
- Houstonia Top Lawyers, Houstonia Magazine, SagaCity Media, 2019-2020
- Co-Author, "Renewable Project Sales: Established Tactics and Emerging Trends," Project Finance NewsWire, February 2020
- Co-Author, "Consequential Damages Waivers: How to Consequentially and Incidentally (Including Indirectly) Waive Your Remedy," Houston Law Review: Off the Record, June 2015
- Co-Author, "Renewable Energy Case Law Update," Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law Section, State Bar of Texas, June 2015
- Author, "A Dose of Reality: The Struggle with Causation in Toxic Tort Litigation," Houston Law Review, 2014
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Board of Directors (2017-2018)
- Chair of Solo and Small Firms Committee (2018-2019)
- Houston Bar Association
- Women of Renewable Industries and Sustainable Energy (WRISE)
- Member (2016-2017, 2020 - Present)
- Planning Committee (2016-2017)
Norton Rose Fulbright represents National Grid Ventures in the formation of a joint venture for offshore wind projects
May 20, 2021
April 01, 2021
March 23, 2021