Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Megan Savage is a projects attorney in the Houston and Austin offices. Her practice focuses on renewable energy transactions, with a focus on acquisitions and sales of renewable energy projects and joint ventures.
JD, summa cum laude, University of Houston Law Center, 2014
BA, Phi Beta Kappa, Government, University of Texas at Austin, 2009
BS, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Communication Studies, University of Texas at Austin, 2009
- Texas State Bar
- IRG Acquisition Holdings, a partnership between Invenergy, CDPQ and Blackstone Infrastructure, on the purchase of a 1,365 MW portfolio of operating wind and solar projects from American Electric Power for approximately $1.5 billion.
- National Grid Ventures in the formation of Community Offshore Wind, a joint venture with RWE Renewables, which became the winning bidder for the largest offshore wind lease in the New York Bight lease auction with a capacity of 3 GW.
- Community Energy Solar, LLC in a company-wide sale, including a 10GW portfolio of development assets, to AES Corporation.
- Matrix Renewables, a TPG-backed renewable energy platform, in the following matters:
- the acquisition of a 4.6 GW portfolio of utility-scale solar energy projects across the central US from SolarStone Partners; and
- the purchase of the 105 MWac solar plus 80 MWh energy storage Gaskell West 2 and 3 project located in Kern County, California, from Canadian Solar Inc. (through its wholly-owned subsidiary Recurrent Energy, LLC).
- Fengate Asset Management in the acquisition of Prairie Switch Wind Farm, a 160MW wind project located in Wharton County, Texas.
- Savion, LLC, a subsidiary of Macquarie Capital, in the sale of the 200 MW Brazoria West solar project located in Brazoria County, Texas to S&B USA (previously Shikun and Binui America).
- Belltown Power in the sale of a 275 MW solar development project located in Denton County, Texas.
- Large developer in the purchase of a 400 MW solar-plus-storage project located in Fresno County, California.
- Private equity fund and solar developer joint venture in connection with development of solar generation portfolio.
- Private equity fund and solar developer joint venture in connection with more than $200 million joint commitment in company that invests in, owns and operates clean energy projects.
- Battery manufacturer in agreements for maintenance, operation and sale of battery storage systems for solar projects.
- Underwriters to renewable YieldCo joint venture in its $420 million initial public offering of common units.
- Tax equity investor in connection with the acquisitions and divestitures of a large portfolio of wind, solar and geothermal projects.
- Privately-held oil and gas company in a $2.55 billion cash and stock sale of all of its leasehold interests and related assets.
- Privately-held oil and gas company in $735 million acquisition of natural gas assets in Northwestern Colorado.
- Publicly-traded oil and gas production company in multiple acquisitions and divestitures, including formation of midstream joint venture and subsequent sale of assets for $1.215 billion and $290 million sale of Texas oil and gas interests and assets.
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Texas Rising Star, Mergers & Acquisitions, Thomson Reuters, 2020 - 2023
- The Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Energy Law, Best Lawyers, 2022 - 2024
- Houstonia Top Lawyers, Houstonia Magazine, SagaCity Media, 2019-2020
- Co-Author, "Renewable Project Sales: Established Tactics and Emerging Trends," Project Finance NewsWire, February 2020
- Co-Author, "Consequential Damages Waivers: How to Consequentially and Incidentally (Including Indirectly) Waive Your Remedy," Houston Law Review: Off the Record, June 2015
- Co-Author, "Renewable Energy Case Law Update," Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law Section, State Bar of Texas, June 2015
- Author, "A Dose of Reality: The Struggle with Causation in Toxic Tort Litigation," Houston Law Review, 2014
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Board of Directors (2017-2018)
- Chair of Solo and Small Firms Committee (2018-2019)
- Houston Bar Association
- Women of Renewable Industries and Sustainable Energy (WRISE)
- Member (2016-2017, 2020 - Present)
- Planning Committee (2016-2017)
August 16, 2023
US projects team represents BCPG Public Company Limited in purchase of cycle power generating portfolio from Carlyle
April 03, 2023
November 04, 2022