Related services and key industries
Bill Medaille is a counsel in the firm's Austin office. A member of the public finance practice, he has significant experience in both public finance and at a major regional electric generation and transmission utility. He has served as bond counsel, underwriter's counsel or disclosure counsel for clients for complex financings, electric utilities, university systems and local governments.
JD, High Honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 2007
BA, The University of Texas, 1997
- Texas State Bar
- Served as issuer's counsel for a regional public power utility issuing over $3.6 billion worth of bonds, commercial paper, and other debt offerings.
- Served as underwriter's counsel on twenty series of public improvement district bonds for single underwriter.
- Served as disclosure counsel for a state finance authority on over $1 billion of bonds.
- Represented a university system on energy savings procurement contracts.
- Worked on over two dozen commodity trading master agreements for a fuel and energy hedging program at a major public power utility.
- Drafted a Dodd-Frank compliance program for a fuel and energy hedging program at a major public utility.
- Worked on both purchased power agreements and long-term wholesale power agreements.
- Represented a transmission utility in various proceedings before the Public Utility Commission of Texas.
- Provided support to the creation and initial operations of a power marketing affiliate of a major public power utility.
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Bar Association