Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Michael Raskys focuses on complex insurance coverage litigation and counselling involving foreign and domestic clients, including insurers and policyholders. Michael has extensive experience with the Bermuda form, general liability policies, pollution liability policies, D&O coverage and reinsurance disputes. Representative matters involve environmental property damage, mass torts, product liability, long-tail claims, and bad-faith/extra-contractual liability. Michael has successfully represented clients in international arbitrations, voluntary mediations and federal and state court throughout the United States.
JD, Rutgers School of Law, 2013
MA, History, James Madison University, 2005
BA, History, James Madison University, 2003
Michael is admitted to practice in the State of New York, State of New Jersey, United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, District of New Jersey and District Court for the Western District of Michigan.
- New Jersey State Bar
- New York State Bar
- Defended insurer in opioid coverage litigation in West Virginia state court where policyholder sought coverage under policies with limits in excess of US$100 million.
- Represented client that prevailed in US$200 million London arbitration arising out of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Represented multiple insurers in coverage litigation in New Jersey federal court in matter arising out of settlement entered into between claimant and Fortune 50 company.
- Defended client in coverage litigation in Arizona state court where plaintiff sought US$150 million arising out of property damage claim, which was successfully resolved via JAMS mediation.
- Represented insurer in Michigan federal court in product-liability matter where plaintiff sought significant extra-contractual, bad-faith damages.
- Represented multiple clients in coverage litigation arising out of talcum powder claims purportedly causing ovarian cancer and mesothelioma.
- Served as counsel in defamation trial in New Jersey state court wherein case was successfully dismissed by way of motion for directed verdict.
- Represented insurer in coverage litigation in French civil court arising from damaged luxury ships.
- Represented Bermuda insurer in London arbitration involving batch claim resulting from automotive defects.
- Board of Directors, Play Soccer Nonprofit International