Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
- Antitrust and competition
- Merger control
- Litigation and disputes
- Cartels and antitrust investigations
- Regulation and investigations
Leslie Roter is an associate in the Washington, DC office where she is a member of the Antitrust and Competition group. Her practice focuses on regulatory approval of mergers and acquisitions, corporate compliance, government investigations and state and federal antitrust litigation.
Leslie's work includes advocacy before the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the US Department of Justice Antitrust Division (DOJ), and U.S. District Courts, advising on the antitrust components of multi-million and multi-billion dollar transactions, and counseling on a wide array of antitrust matters. She has represented clients across a broad range of industries, including retail, software and technology, pharmaceuticals, hospitals, aggregates, mass media and private equity.
JD, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2014
BA, with honors, University of California, Berkeley, 2010
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia State Bar
- Represented one of the world's largest paint and coatings manufacturers in a successful $11.3 billion strategic acquisition through a Second Request by the FTC.
- Represented a lifestyle-oriented mass media company in its $14.6 billion acquisition by a multi-national mass media company. Obtained antitrust clearance from the DOJ with no divestitures after a Second Request.
- Represented a leading building materials producer and its controlling shareholder, a private equity firm, in its $1.625 billion sale. Obtained antitrust clearance from the DOJ with limited divestitures after a Second Request.
- Represented a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy in its $4.377 billion acquisition of a national retail pharmacy chain's stores and related assets.
- Represented a global health care group in its $11.6 billion acquisition of a biopharmaceutical company. The transaction cleared in all reviewing jurisdictions after initial advocacy, without the issuance of a Second Request (or equivalent in foreign jurisdictions).
- Represented one of North America's largest suppliers of chemical treatment products in multidistrict antitrust litigation with over 70 consolidated cases containing claims of conspiracy and bid rigging.
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section; Young Lawyers Division; Commission on Women in the Profession
- Global Antitrust Institute Invitational, Judge (2017 - present)
- Washington Lawyers' Committee, Associate Trustee (2015 - present)