Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Belinda Harvey is a competition/antitrust and regulatory lawyer based in Sydney.
Belinda advises Australian and international corporate clients, utilities, and regulators on all aspects of competition law and the regulation of essential services, including energy, rail, ports and other infrastructure, open banking and airline regulation.
Belinda has extensive experience in advising on and obtaining clearance for domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, with a particular focus on multi-jurisdictional matters. Her merger clearance experience is well recognised in the Australian legal market and her experience extends to merger clearance in Papua New Guinea. Belinda also advises on the structuring of joint ventures and other collaborative arrangements within the bounds of competition law, anti-competitive conduct and matters of compliance. She has a depth of experience in advising in the pharmaceutical, FMCG, financial services, technology, manufacturing and infrastructure sectors.
Belinda is a dedicated competition/antitrust lawyer with over 15 years’ experience. Prior to joining private practice in 2008, Belinda was a lawyer with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) advising on mergers and acquisitions, exclusive dealing authorisations, and other competition law litigation. She also worked as an investigator in the enforcement division and as a project officer in the telecommunications group of the ACCC, and in the gas division of the Australian Energy Regulator.
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2006
- High Court of Australia
- Clearance of the Connective / Australian Financial Group merger, without remedies, after a Phase II investigation by the ACCC.
- Acting for Spotless Laundries on its competitive sale process, with 2 bidders progressing to Phase II merger clearance assessments.
- Obtained clearance for China Mengniu Dairy to acquire the iconic Australian brand - Bellamy's.
- Acheiving competition and FIRB clearance for Snackbrands Australia's acquisition of Yarra Valley Snack Foods.
- Obtaining Australian competition clearance for Gemalto's EUR 4.8billion purchase by Thales.
- Obtaining competition clearance in Australia for Energizer's global $2.2billion acquisition of Spectrum Brands Battery and Lighting business.
- Competition clearance of OfficeMax's merger with WINC in a Phase II ACCC investigation.
- Achieving competition clearance for IPMG on its merger with PMP in a Phase II ACCC investigation.
- Acting for Reckitt Benckiser on its global acquisition of a consumer product line from J&J, achieving competition clearance prior to an anticipated Phase II investigation.
- Acting for Life Technologies Corporation in respect of merger filings arising from the US$13.6bn global acquisition by Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Recognised in Global Competition Review Women in Antitrust 2021
- Recognised in Expert Guide's 2021 Women in Business Law Guide
- Ranked Up and Coming in Chambers Competition and Antitrust - Australia
- Recognised in Legal 500
Current Issues in Competition Law, Emerging Issues in Mergers in Infrastructure Markets, 2021
International Competition Network conference in Melbourne, March 2020
Publication | December 08, 2021
Publication | November 11, 2021
Publication | October 28, 2021
Publication | April 27, 2021