Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Daniel Vicano is a construction and engineering lawyer based in Sydney.
Daniel specialises in project delivery advice and all forms of dispute resolution including litigation, adjudication, arbitration, mediation, and expert determination. He has acted in a number of high-value, complex construction and engineering disputes for a wide range of clients including principals, contractors, subcontractors, and consultants.
Daniel has significant experience in various sectors of the construction industry and has advised clients in relation to rail, infrastructure, renewable energy, oil and gas, mining, industrial, and residential projects in a number of jurisdictions.
Daniel has been listed in Doyle's Guide 2019 of leading New South Wales Construction & Infrastructure Litigation Lawyers
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2004
- Acciona Infrastructure Australia – Advising Acciona in relation to the delivery of the Sydney Light Rail project.
- Renewable Energy – Advising developers and contractors of various Wind Farms and Solar Farms on project delivery and contractual claims.
- Infrastructure – Advising principals and contractors on major infrastructure disputes, including mediation, expert determination, and arbitration proceedings.
- McConnell Dowell – advising McConnell Dowell in the Supreme Court of New South Wales in a leading decision involving the application of the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999 (NSW) on payment claims post contract termination.
- Parsons Brinckerhoff – Advising Parsons Brinckerhoff in the New South Wales Court of Appeal on a seminal case involving the service provisions of the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999 (NSW).
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Society of Construction Law Australia
Australia: Final version of Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Regulation 2020 released
Publication | September 15, 2020
Publication | July 14, 2020
The impending Building and Development Certifiers Act 2018: Shaking up building and development certification in NSW
Publication | March 18, 2020
Publication | July 26, 2019