Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Shelley is a banking lawyer based in Perth.
Shelley focuses in restructuring and insolvency, and financial services litigation. She has acted for directors, creditors, major national insolvency firms, banks and other financial institutions.
Shelley recently assisted in the receivership of the Forge Group of companies.
- Bachelor of Law (Hons), Bachelor of Arts (Psychology)
- 1999 Admitted, Supreme Court of Western Australia
- 1999 Admitted, High Court of Australia
- High Court of Australia 1999
- Supreme Court of Western Australia 1999
2016- Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, Perth, Special Counsel
2010-2016 Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, Perth, Senior Associate
2005-2010 Gadens (formerly Christensen Vaughan), Perth, Senior Associate
2003-2005 Deacons, Perth, Senior Associate
2000-2003 Deacons, Perth, Lawyer
1998-2000 Hotchkin Hanly, Perth, Articled Clerk/Restricted Practitioner
Shelley has over 12 years’ experience in advising clients in relation to asset recovery strategies and all forms of corporate and personal insolvencies, including:
- matters involving claims of constructive trusts and tracing of equitable interests in personal and corporate property
- advising external administrators on appointment and liability issues
- drafting and advising Administrators on Deeds of Company Arrangement
- advising and acting for Liquidators and defendants in voidable transaction claims
- advising external administrators, financial institutions and businesses on issues arising under the Personal Property Securities Act 2009.
Pro Bono work:
- Aboriginal Legal Service of New South Wales - Community Reports Project
- Anti-Slavery Australia – Child Cybersex Crimes Research Project
- Law Society of Western Australia
- IWIRC (WA)
- 2001-2006 IWIRC (WA) Committee