Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Lisa is a construction and engineering lawyer based in Sydney.
Lisa has experience in contentious and non-contentious matters on major projects, particularly in the areas of rail, road, oil and gas, mining, energy, resources and infrastructure.
She has acted for a wide range of clients including principals, contractors, subcontractors and consultants across a number of complex and high value construction and infrastructure projects that have been delivered by a variety of procurement methods (including D&C, EPC, PPP and O&M).
- 2011 – Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Griffith University
- 2011 – Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), Griffith University
- Supreme Court of Queensland 2012
- A major contractor - in arbitration proceedings relating to the delivery of pipelines and related facilities on a major LNG project in Queensland. Lisa's role included assisting in claims for costs associated with pipeline alignment and liaising with both domestic and international pipeline experts. Lisa was also involved in preparing dispute resolution board proceedings in relation to the construction of the pipeline.
- A multinational contractor - in relation to delay and disruption claims in connection with a water treatment plant servicing a major LNG project.
- A major contractor - in NSW Supreme Court proceedings in relation to the construction of facilities at the coal terminal on Kooragang Island.
- A major mining contractor - in relation to a dispute regarding production issues arising out of water ingress in a Queensland coal mine.
- The principal on the construction of a coal export terminal - in expert determination proceedings to determine enforceability of the contract and the contractor's entitlement to extensions of time and delay costs.
- A joint venture contractor - providing ongoing project delivery advice on major light rail PPP infrastructure project, including a full-time secondment to the project office.
- A major contractor - in adjudication proceedings under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act (SOPA).
- The main contractor joint venture - on project delivery and claims in connection with a light rail project on the Gold Coast.
- A major developer in various commercial building and industrial facility developments in New South Wales - on drafting relevant pass-through provisions of development deeds and agreements for lease, and preparing and assisting in the negotiation of design and construct contracts with contractors.
- Developers and contractors on various wind farm projects in New South Wales - on drafting balance of plant works, civil works and electrical works subcontracts, minor works and access agreements.
- 2015 – Member, Law Society of New South Wales
- 2012 – Member, Queensland Law Society