Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Lisa Loi is a construction and engineering lawyer based in Sydney.
Lisa has experience in contentious and non-contentious matters on major projects, particularly in the areas of rail, road, oil and gas, mining, energy, resources and infrastructure.
She has acted for a wide range of clients including principals, contractors, subcontractors and consultants across a number of complex and high value construction and infrastructure projects that have been delivered by a variety of procurement methods (including D&C, EPC, PPP and O&M).
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Griffith University (2011)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), Griffith University (2011)
- Supreme Court of Queensland 2012
- Acciona Infrastructure Australia - acting for the civils contractor joint venture partner on the Sydney Light Rail Project, including providing ongoing project delivery advice, and assisting with preparation and resolution of contractual claims related to disputed scopes of work, delay and prolongation. Lisa's role included a one year full-time and an ongoing part-time secondment to the Project office.
- McConnell Dowell - Light rail PPP - advising the main contractor joint venture on project delivery and contractual claims in connection with a light rail PPP infrastructure project on the Gold Coast, including part-time secondment to the project office.
- Thiess Mining - Coal export terminal - acting for the principal on the construction of a coal export terminal in expert determination proceedings to determine enforceability of the contract and the contractor's entitlement to extensions of time and delay costs. Lisa's role included drafting submissions and witness evidence in support of a successful determination on behalf of the client.
- Security of Payment proceedings - acting for and advising contractors in adjudication proceedings under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act (SOPA). Lisa's role has included acting on behalf of the claimant in preparing its payment claim and adjudication application, as well as the respondent in preparing its payment schedule and adjudication response, within the relevant statutory timeframes.
- Infrastructure - advising principals and contractors on major infrastructure disputes, including mediation, expert determination and arbitration proceedings.
- Renewable Energy - advising developers and contractors of various Wind Farms and Solar Farms on porject delivery and contractual claims.
- Member, Law Society of New South Wales, 2015
- Member, Queensland Law Society, 2012