Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Kellie Link is a financial restructuring and insolvency lawyer based in Perth.
Kellie's principal practice is insolvency and financial services litigation, advising on securities enforcement strategy and all forms of corporate insolvencies. She primarily acts for financial institutions, insolvency practitioners and large corporations, with experience in advising and conducting all aspects of litigation. Kellie regularly appears as counsel in the Federal Court of Australia and the Supreme Court of Western Australia. Kellie has experience in the enforcement of commercially sensitive matters, and advises her clients not only on their legal position and avenues available, but also works with them to manage brand and reputational risks.
Kellie is experienced in advising clients on domestic restructurings and cross-border insolvency matters including experience in advising on the impact of domestic entities filing for bankruptcy in the United States, and has worked with clients to achieve successful outcomes through the US court mandated restructuring process.
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Murdoch University (2012)
- Bachelor of Commerce, Murdoch University (2012)
- High Court of Australia 2013
- Federal Court of Australia 2013
- Supreme Court of Western Australia 2013
- Advising the senior secured lender on the insolvency of the Pindan Group
- Advising the senior secured lenders in relation to multiple distressed agricultural assets and exposures.
- Acting for the senior secured lender on the enforcement of interests in a chain of fast food restaurants.
- Acting for the senior secured lender in relation to exposure into large ASX listed retail entity.
- Acting for the senior lender in respect of the Grand Cinemas administration.
- Acting for the administrators appointed to Tiger Resources Ltd.
- Acting for to multiple large creditors / contract counterparties in connection with their exposure in the US Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of McDermott International Inc.
- Acting for Perth Airport Pty Ltd in connection with the administration of Virgin Australia Holdings Ltd and 38 of its subsidiaries.
- Acting for Australian insurer in connection with general risk advisory measures and support.
- Acting for the senior secured lender in relation to its exposure to Melior Resources Pty Ltd and Goondicum Resources Pty Ltd.
- Acting for the secured lenders and offtakers in connection with restructuring and recapitalisation of Blackham Resources Ltd.
- Acting for the financiers and receivers of the Forge Group of companies, a former ASX-listed provider of engineering and construction works for major projects in Western Australia.
- Acting for financiers in respect of the Brierty Ltd, Cooper & Oxley Ltd and Builton Group insolvencies.
- Acting for receivers appointed to the Viento group, a former ASX-listed provider of civil contracting and switch-room services for major projects in Western Australia.
- Acting for the financiers and receivers of Westgem Investments Pty Ltd and related entities in respect of the Raine Square Project in Perth.
- Acting for the administrators and provisional liquidators of the Diploma Group, former ASX listed construction company.
- Acting for the provisional liquidators of Continental Coal Ltd.
- Acting for the financiers and receivers of Rosmerta Pty Ltd, which operated a large dairy farm in the South West of Western Australia.
- Advising in respect to a number of distressed agricultural assets.
- Acting for the lender in connection with its exposure to Peabody Energy, both in Australia and in the US Chapter 11 case.
- Acting for a secured lender in connection with its exposure to aviation customer, CHC Group, both in Australia and in the US Chapter 11 case.
- Acting for the Federal government (as secured lender) in the administration of Riverline Enterprises t/as Matera Construction.
- Featured in INSOL International's Young Practitioners Spotlight (2022)
- Doyles Rising Stars - Litigation, Dispute Resolution & Insolvency - Australia (2021)
- "Case: Court grants extension of time for SPLs to bring voidable transaction claims" ARITA case notes (co-author, 2021)
- Grant Thornton Bankers' Boot Camp Panel Discussion (November 2022)
- Panel Discussion: Company Directors Navigating Troubled Waters ARITA WA Forum (October 2022)
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Panel Discussion hosted in conjunction with the University of Western Australia and the Blackstone Society (July 2022)
- Panel Discussion: Agriculture – An industry in transition" ARITA WA Division Conference 2020 (co-panellist, 2020)