Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Kellie Link is a financial and restructuring and insolvency lawyer in Perth.
Kellie's principal practice is insolvency and financial services litigation and advising on securities enforcement strategy, acting for financial institutions, corporations and insolvency practitioners. Kellie has experience in advising and conducting all aspects of litigation, and regularly appears as counsel in the Federal Court of Australia and the Supreme Court of Western Australia. Kellie has experience in enforcement of commercially sensitive matters, and advises her clients not only on their legal position and avenues available, but also considers and works with them to manage brand and reputational risks.
Kellie also has experience in advising clients on domestic restructurings and cross-border insolvency matters including in the United States, Canada, Germany, Malaysia, and Indonesia. In particular, Kellie has experience in advising on the impact of domestic entities filing for bankruptcy in the United States, and has worked with clients to achieve successful outcomes through the US court mandated restructuring process.
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Murdoch University.
- Bachelor of Commerce, Murdoch University
- Acting for the financiers and receivers of the Forge Group of Companies.
- Acting for financiers in respect of the Brierty Ltd, Cooper & Oxley Ltd and Builton Group insolvencies.
- Acting for the financiers and receivers of Westgem Investments Pty Ltd and related entities in respect of the Raine Square Project in Perth.
- Acting for the administrators and provisional liquidators of the Diploma Group.
- Acting for the provisional liquidators of Continental Coal Ltd.
- Acted for the financiers and receivers of Rosmerta Pty Ltd, which operated a large dairy farm in the South West of WA.
- Advising in respect to a number of distressed agricultural assets.
- Acted for the lender in connection with its exposure to Peabody Energy, both in Australia and in US Chapter 11 case.
- Acted for the lender in connection with its exposure to aviation customer, CHC Group, both in Australia and in the US Chapter 11 case.
- Acted for the Federal government (as secured lender) in the administration of Riverline Enterprises t/as Matera Construction.