Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Danielle is a construction and engineering lawyer based in Melbourne. Danielle advises clients in the construction sector in relation to contentious and non-contentious matters.
Danielle has a particular focus on project advice and dispute resolution in infrastructure and complex engineering disputes, including: hospital, road, oil & gas and renewable energy projects. Her experience often focuses on delay, disruption, programming and technical engineering arguments regarding defective work.
Her construction and engineering experience includes advising a broad range of clients, including developer, contractors, consultants and large scale suppliers in relation to issue which arise pre-contract, during construction and post-project completion.
Danielle has assisted clients across the various Australian jurisdictions and internationally, providing advice and instructing in Supreme and Country Court matters, as well as arbitrations, expert determinations and adjudications under the various states' security of payment regimes.
As well as extensive contract administration and project advice, Danielle's experience includes a secondment to a wind turbine manufacturer.
Drawing on her detailed experience in project delivery and advice, Danielle worked together with others in the construction and engineering team and a major infrastructure client to develop a web based technology platform to streamline project delivery, called Deliver&Capture. The Deliver&Capture platform explains complex contractual processes in simple terms, streamlines and automates notification requirements and is integrated with a mobile app to better capture site based information. The Deliver&Capture platform was recently nominated as a finalist for the "Innovation in the business of law: New products and services" at the FT Asia-Pacific Innovative Lawyers 2019 Awards.
Her clients include Multiplex, Grocon, Vestas, GE Oil & Gas and Acciona Infrastructure.
- Bachelor of Law (Hons), Monash University (2010)
- Bachelor of Arts, Monash University (2008)
- Supreme Court of Victoria 2011
- Multiplex Australasia – advising Multiplex in relation to a Supreme Court of Victoria dispute brought by a large subcontractor, Brighton Australia Pty Ltd in relation to delay, disruption and acceleration claims in the vicinity of $10 million in 2014 to present.
- Vestas Australian Wind Technology – providing advice in relation to contracts for turbine supply in Australia and Asia Pacific. Including in relation to removal of asbestos installed at wind farm and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Multiplex Australasia (at the time Brookfield Multiplex) – providing advice and drafting design and construct contract, and associated consultancy agreements for the Lighthouse project, a 68 story residential tower in Melbourne CBD in 2015 and 2016;
- Acciona Infrastructure Australia Pty Ltd – Advising in relation to a technical supplier dispute regarding construction of a bridge interchange as part of the Bruce Highway Upgrade Project in 2015 and 2016.