Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Carmel is a dispute resolution lawyer in our Perth office, focussing on disputes in the energy, international trade and transport sectors.
Carmel has experience acting for both Australian and international clients in litigation in Western Australia, Queensland, Victoria, South Australia, the High Court of Australia and the Federal Court of Australia, tribunals and in international arbitrations. Carmel has particular experience acting for clients in both ad-hoc and institutional international arbitration under a number of the major arbitral rules, including the ICC, SIAC, LCIA and UNCITRAL Rules. Carmel is active in the international arbitration community as an ICC YAF Regional Representative for South Asia (2019-2021).
- Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours), Murdoch University (2014)
- Bachelor of Arts, Murdoch University (2014)
- Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of Australia 2016
- Admitted as a Lawyer of the Supreme Court of Western Australia 2015
- ICC YAF Regional Representative for South Asia (2019-2021)
- Awarded International Bar Association Scholarship for Maritime & Transport Committee for paper titled "The Mediterranean Migrant Crisis: Challenges and Solutions for the Shipping Industry" (2016).