Norton Rose Fulbright (Asia) LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Carmel Proudfoot is a dispute resolution lawyer in our Perth office.
Carmel focuses on international commercial arbitration, investment arbitration and complex litigation. She has particular experience in cross-border disputes in the energy, infrastructure, trade and transport sectors. Carmel has acted for clients across Asia-Pacific under many of the major arbitral rules, including the ICC, SIAC, LCIA and UNCITRAL Rules. Her experience encompasses appearing as counsel and advocate, advising on the drafting of dispute resolution clauses and risk mitigation, acting in relation to the enforcement of awards and serving as tribunal secretary. She has also acted for clients in ancillary litigation before Australian and foreign courts, including Indonesia and Thailand. She currently serves as an ICC YAF Regional Representative for South Asia (2019-2021).
As a litigator, Carmel has acted for clients before a number of Australian courts and tribunals, including the High Court of Australia, Federal Court of Australia, the Corruption and Crime Commission and the Supreme Courts of Western Australia, Queensland, South Australia and Victoria.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
- Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours), Murdoch University (2014)
- Bachelor of Arts, Murdoch University (2014)
- Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of Australia 2016
- Admitted as a Lawyer of the Supreme Court of Western Australia 2015
- ICC YAF Regional Representative for South Asia (2019-2021)
- Awarded International Bar Association Scholarship for Maritime & Transport Committee for paper titled "The Mediterranean Migrant Crisis: Challenges and Solutions for the Shipping Industry" (2016).
- ICC YAF: Virtual hearings without one party's consent (Online, 2020)
- ICC YAF Global Conference (London, 2019)
- ICC YAF: The Way of the Future (Brisbane, 2019)
Third Party Funding in the Asia-Pacific
Publication | December 01, 2021
Laying the groundwork: Practical tips for managing supply chain disputes
Blog | November 18, 2021
A well-drafted clause will mitigate disputes risk
Publication | June 16, 2021