Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Simon is a senior corporate lawyer based in Perth.
He advises public and private companies in relation to mergers and acquisitions, corporate fundraising, private equity transactions and general corporate and commercial issues.
During the course of his career Simon has worked with leading international law firms in Perth, London, Paris and the British Virgin Islands. He has extensive domestic and cross-border transactional experience in each of these jurisdictions and has worked for a broad range of clients, including ASX and foreign listed companies, investment fund managers, government bodies and high net worth individuals.
Simon has a dedicated, enthusiastic and commercial approach to client issues and has built a reputation for providing practical solutions in a timely manner.
- Barrister & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Western Australia
- Barrister & Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England & Wales
- Solicitor of the Supreme Courts of the Eastern Caribbean
Recent experience includes:
- advising Baytex Energy Corp in relation to its acquisition of Aurora Oil & Gas Limited by way of a scheme of arrangement
- advising ANZ on the sale of Forge Group Limited’s US and South African businesses
- advising ASX-listed Legend Mining on the sale of its iron ore project in Cameroon to Jindal Steel and Power Limited
- advising a large global infrastructure fund in relation its acquisition of LNG regasification plants in Spain and various subsequent financing and supply matters
- advising a private equity joint venture in relation to its acquisition of a UK “High Street” retail group from its administrators
© Norton Rose Fulbright LLP 2021