Michel G. Sylvestre
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Michel G. SylvestrevCard
Related services and key industries
Michel Sylvestre has vast experience in corporate and commercial dispute resolution, involving mediation as well as representations before the trial and appeal courts and arbitration tribunals.
He has experience in most aspects of commercial and corporate law and has been involved in a wide range of important matters relating to class actions, commercial contracts, manufacturer’s liability, bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring, banking and financial litigation, construction law, environment law and natural resources, the professional liability of chartered accountants, multijurisdictional litigation, securities litigation and corporate litigation.
In recent years, Mr. Sylvestre has developed a particular interest in the aerospace industry and has acted in a number of major cases in this area.
LL.L., Université de Montréal, 1980
- Quebec 1981
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2010-2017: Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2013-2017: Product Liability Law
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2015-2016 recommended in Litigation – Directors’ and Officers’ Liability
- BTI Client Service All-Stars, 2014 – Leader in client service excellence
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2012: recommended in Litigation – Product Liability and Professional Liability
- “La recevabilité de certains éléments et moyens de preuve - principales modifications,” Insight Information, Montreal, September 1996.
- “La recevabilité de certains éléments et moyens de preuve - principales modifications,” Insight Information, Montreal, October 1995.
- “La réalisation des sûretés immobilières et les questions environnementales,” The Canadian Institute, Montreal, May 1994.
- “Réalisation des sûretés immobilières, aspects environnementaux,” The Canadian Institute, Montreal, June 1991.
- “La preuve des faits similaires,” The Canadian Institute, Montreal, April 1990.
- “Interrogatoires avant enquête,” Montreal, Wilson & Lafleur, 1989.
- Liaison Committee of the Bar of Montreal with the Court of Québec
- past chair
- Liaison Committee of the Bar of Montreal with the Superior Court
- past member
- Lecturer, Advocacy Techniques, University of Montreal
- Lecturer, Legal Drafting, Quebec Bar Admissions Course