Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Pierre Déry's practice focuses on private mergers and acquisitions, private equity financings, corporate reorganizations and technology transfers. Over the last 10 years, he has acted in a number of cross-border transactions mainly in the fields of agribusiness, health services, and infrastructure. He has also acted in a number of initial public offerings for companies in the Quebec City area. He holds the title of CPA, CA since 1989 and he is a former lecturer on financial accounting and corporate taxation at Université Laval. He also holds a master's degree in business law from Université Laval.
Before he became a lawyer, Mr. Déry practised as an accountant for an international firm of chartered accountants.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
- LL.M., Université Laval, 1994
- LL.B., Université Laval, 1987
- B.B.A., Université Laval, 1984
- Quebec 1991
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2010-2023
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Corporate Law "Lawyer of the Year," 2023
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2021-2023: recommended in Corporate Commercial Law; Corporate Mid-Market; 2022-2023: recommended in Mergers & Acquisitions
- Thomson Reuters Stand-out Lawyers, 2023
- Ordre des comptables agréés du Québec (Quebec order of chartered accountants)
- Former lecturer, Financial Accounting and Corporate Taxation, Business School, Laval University