Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Christine Dubé practises securities and financial institutions law. She advises corporate clients on securities matters, financial institutions on federal regulatory matters and all market participants on derivatives regulation and stock exchange matters. She takes a particular interest in all regulatory developments of the Canadian Securities Administrators affecting issuers, dealers, advisors and markets.
Ms. Dubé has written about developments in securities law, derivatives regulation and corporate law. She contributed the chapter on the protection of minority shareholders to an acknowledged reference work on Quebec securities law. She also conducts workshops on securities law at the Quebec Bar Admission Course in Montreal.
From 1991 to 1998, she was legal counsel in the capital markets division of the Quebec Securities Commission (now the Autorité des marchés financiers). Her responsibilities involved corporate finance and take-over bids, as well as regulatory drafting.
LL.B., Université du Québec à Montréal, 1986
Canadian Securities Course, 1990
- Quebec 1988
Ms. Dubé recently acted for the following clients:
- Desjardins in connection with the merger of Credential, Qtrade and NEI Investments
- ING Groep with the sale of ING Direct Canada to Scotiabank
- Laurentian Bank of Canada in connection with creating B2B Bank
- B2B Trust in connection with the acquisition of MRS Trust
- VW Credit Canada, Inc. in connection with the renewal of Volkswagen’s €30 billion debt issuance programme
- Bourse de Montréal Inc., in its combination with TSX Group Inc. and its application for recognition by the Autorité des marchés financiers (Quebec securities regulator) and the Ontario Securities Commission
- LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, BV Peer Review Rating
- Speaker on the topic of defence tactics in the context of take-over bids
- Speaker on the Act respecting the Agence nationale d'encadrement du secteur financier (now the Act respecting the Autorité des marchés financiers)
- Speaker on regulatory developments regarding insider bids, issuer bids, going-private and related-party transactions
- Presentation on National Instrument 45-106 Prospectus and Registration Exemptions
Canada: Additional pandemic-related relief from continuous disclosure and corporate law requirements
Publication | May 26, 2020 - 12 PM ET
Publication | October 2017