Eric C. Lefebvre
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Eric C. LefebvrevCard
Related services and key industries
Eric Lefebvre's litigation practice involves a broad range of civil and commercial litigation matters, including banking, corporate disputes, class actions, competition law, consumer law, commercial contracts and civil liability. He has particular experience in urgent remedies such as seizures and injunctions of various kinds. He has been retained both by petitioners and respondents in many high-stakes shareholder oppression cases and has defended parties facing cartel and bid-rigging accusations before criminal courts.
Mr. Lefebvre represents clients before the Quebec and federal courts as well as before regulatory bodies such as the Competition Tribunal. He has been involved in almost all investigations led by the Competition Bureau in Quebec as well as ensuing class actions. In addition, he acts in commercial arbitration proceedings.
Mr. Lefebvre is Montréal chair of our Canadian litigation group.
LL.L., University of Ottawa, 1995
B.Adm., University of Ottawa, 1992
Canadian Securities Course, Canadian Securities Institute
- Quebec 1996
Mr. Lefebvre has acted as litigation counsel to the following clients:
- Royal Bank of Canada in defending a class action relating to allegations of purported violations of the Quebec Consumer Protection Act (NSF Fees)
- Citigroup Inc. in defending a class action relating to allegations of conspiracy to manipulate Forex currency pairings
- National Bank of Canada in defending a class action relating to purported violations of the Quebec Consumer Protection Act
- Metro Inc. in defending a class action relating to allegations of a price fixing cartel related to packaged bread
- Groupe Westco Inc. in defending a class action relating to allegations of air pollution and damage claims of approximately $100,000,000
- Busbud Inc. in defending a class action relating to allegations of purported violations of both the Competition Act and the Quebec Consumer Protection Act
- Industries Lassonde inc. in defending a class action relating to allegations of purported misleading advertising in violation of the Competition Act and the Quebec Consumer Protection Act
- Japanese automobile parts suppliers in an ongoing investigation by the Competition Bureau concerning allegations of an international price-fixing cartel as well as in defending numerous ensuing class actions
- Petro-Canada in defence of a motion for authorization to institute a class action arising from allegations of a price-fixing conspiracy related to the retail sale of certain petroleum products in Quebec
- TIN Inc. in defending class actions relating to allegations of a price-fixing cartel related to drywall
- Chambers Canada, Quebec: Litigation: General Commercial, Chambers and Partners, 2020
- Acritas Stars 2019 – Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2019: recommended in Competition Law
- "Recent Developments in Class Actions and Competition Law," Canadian Bar Association, Montreal, Quebec, April 2018
- "Competition Law," Les Éditions Yvon Blais with the collaboration of the Centre d'études en droit économique (CEDE), Laval University, Montreal, November 2016
- "The carrot and stick approach: the Commissioner of Competition is taking a growing interest in your corporate compliance program," Norton Rose Fulbright, Montreal, Quebec, 2015.
- "Bid-Rigging - The Criminal Provision," Competition Law Spring Forum, Canadian Bar Association, Toronto, Ontario, June 2015.
- "Les différentes formes de cartel," Centre d'études en droit économique (CEDE), Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, May 28, 2014.
- "Immunity and Leniency under Fire: What's Next?" Annual Competition Law Fall Conference, Canadian Bar Association, Ottawa, Ontario, 2013.
- "Recent Developments in Class Actions: The End of the Indirect Purchaser Class," Annual Competition Law Fall Conference, Canadian Bar Association, Gatineau, Quebec, 2011.
- Canadian Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Publication | September 2018
Publication | November 2016
Publication | October 20, 2016