Julie L. Paquette
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Julie L. PaquettevCard
Related services and key industries
Julie Paquette practises commercial real estate and franchising. Her practice involves a wide variety of transactions with an emphasis on commercial leasing, financing, asset-based lending, acquisitions and dispositions, land development, mortgages and franchising.
Ms. Paquette has represented landlords and tenants in commercial leasing transactions. She has drafted and negotiated agreements and advised vendors and purchasers of residential, industrial and commercial properties. Ms. Paquette has also acted for financial institutions in connection with secured lending arrangements. She has advised franchisors and franchisees on various franchising issues.
Ms. Paquette has also worked in-house at two large Canadian corporations. This experience enables her to provide value-added services to clients of the firm by remaining continuously aware of and sensitive to the operational realities of their business.
Ms. Paquette is fluently bilingual and practises in both English and French.
M.B.A./LL.B., University of Ottawa, 1994
B.B.A., University of Ottawa, 1990
- Ontario 1996
Ms. Paquette has acted recently for:
- Domtar Corporation with the sale of its forest products business to EACOM Timber Corporation for approximately $127 million
- Kingsway Financial Services Inc. in connection with a definitive purchase agreement to sell all of the issued and outstanding shares of Jevco Insurance Company to The Westaim Corporation
- HearUSA Inc. in connection with the sale of the assets of its Canadian subsidiaries to Helix Inc. for $29 million
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2019-2022: recommended in Property Leasing
- “To Franchise or not to Franchise: That Is the Question! Key Elements to Determine Whether You Are (or Should be) a Franchise,” 20th Annual Conference, The Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario, Quebec City, May 28, 2010.
- Special lecturer at the Bar Admission Course in Ottawa.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Le Regroupement des gens d’Affaires de l’Outauais
- Building Owners and Managers Association of Ottawa-Carleton