Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Martin Thériault practises corporate financing, financial services and general banking law.
He regularly acts as counsel for lending syndicates, individual lenders and borrowers in the context of various types of Canadian, cross-border and foreign financing transactions in a variety of industries, including project financings, structured finance, real estate financings, public and private takeover bids and acquisition financings. He is actively involved in negotiating and coordinating these transactions in all respects, including credit documentation, guarantee and security agreements, intercreditor arrangements and corporate structuring.
LL.B., Université de Montréal, 1998
B.B.A., HEC Montréal, 1994
- Quebec 1999
Mr. Thériault has acted as counsel for the following clients:
- National Bank of Canada and other lenders in the C$1 billion financing of the Power Sustainable Energy Infrastructure Partnership
- Bank of Montreal and other senior lenders in the US$550 million syndicated financing in favour of Dorel Industries Inc.
- Quebecor Inc., Quebecor Media Inc., Videotron Ltd and TVA Group Inc., in connection with their syndicated credit facilities
- Turquoise Hill Resources in its US$4 billion project financing for the Oyu Tolgoi Project and bridge facilities with Rio Tinto in an aggregate amount of US$825 million
- Stornoway Diamond Corporation in its $946 million comprehensive financing transaction with US private equity firm Orion Mine Finance, Investissement Québec, and the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec to fund the construction of the Renard Diamond Project, Quebec's first diamond mine; and the subsequent restructuring of Stornoway
- National Bank of Canada, Bank of Montreal and other senior lenders in the acquisition financing made available to Cominar Real Estate Investment Trust in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of real estate properties valued at $1.53 billion
- HSBC Bank Canada and other senior lenders in the US$125 million financing of 5N Plus Inc.
- The lenders (with Royal Bank of Canada acting as administrative agent) of the selected bidders (Acciona S.A. and Iridium Concesiones de Infraestructuras S.A.) on the Highway 30 project in the Montreal area
- The senior lenders and bondholders in connection with the $1.2 billion financing of a new McGill University Health Centre hospital located on the Glen Campus in downtown Montreal
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Banking and finance law, 2013-2021
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2014-2016, 2018-2021: recommended in Banking & Financial Institutions
- Canadian Bar Association