Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Martin Thériault practises in the areas of commercial contracts, corporate financing, financial services and general banking law. From 1999 to 2002, he practised law in our Montréal office before moving to London where he practised in the same areas at Linklaters. He rejoined our Montréal office in 2005.
Mr. Thériault has acted as counsel to various borrowers as well as various leading domestic and foreign lending institutions in the context of important financing transactions, including syndicated financings.
LL.B., Université de Montréal, 1998
B.B.A., HEC Montréal, 1994
- Quebec 1999
Significant mandates in which Mr. Thériault was involved as lead counsel include:
- Various banking financings for Royal Bank of Canada, including the $550 million syndicated credit agreement of Transcontinental Inc., the $40 million syndicated credit agreement of Ciment Québec Inc. and the syndicated credit agreement of Van Houtte Inc.
- Syndicated credit facilities for Quebecor Inc., Quebecor Media Inc., Sun Media Corporation, Videotron Ltd. and Osprey Media Publishing Inc., as well as various real estate and equipment financings and ISDA agreements, including the $200 million syndicated credit agreement of Quebecor Inc., the $575 million syndicated credit agreement of Videotron Ltd. and the $198 million syndicated credit agreement of Osprey Media Publishing Inc.
- Various banking financings for National Bank of Canada, Bank of Montreal and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec
- The guarantee provided by the Government of Quebec in connection with the CCAA restructuring of the $32 billion Canadian third-party structured asset-backed commercial paper market
- Syndicated credit facilities and receivables facilities for Mecachrome Canada Inc.
- Certain credit facilities for Imperial Tobacco Canada Limited
- Certain credit facilities for Arcelor Finance
- Financing of the acquisition of Maison des Futailles for Kruger Inc.
Mr. Thériault also acted as counsel to:
- The senior lenders and bondholders in connection with the $1.2 billion financing of a new McGill University Health Centre hospital located on the Glen Campus in downtown Montreal
- The lenders (with Royal Bank of Canada acting as administrative agent) of the selected bidders (Acciona S.A. and Iridium Concesiones de Infraestructuras S.A.) on the Highway 30 project in the Montreal area
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2013-2017: Banking and Finance Law
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2014-2016, 2018-2019: recommended in Banking & Financial Institutions
- Canadian Bar Association