Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Robert Driver is a senior consultant in our shipping and offshore team in London. Robert has over 20 years' experience advising on shipping and offshore oil and gas matters. He regularly advises contractors, charterers and banks on a broad range of commercial and legal issues.
Robert worked in our Singapore for 14 years and was a partner there between 2011 and 2019. He relocated back to London in 2019.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Advising Vopak on the proposed acquisition of an interest in FSRU Challenger at the Hong Kong LNG Terminal from Mitsui OSK Lines (MOL). The proposed joint venture company between MOL and Vopak in Hong Kong would have owned the world's largest floating storage and regasification unit (FSRU).
- Advising Reliance Power Limited in respect of the long term chartering of an LNG Floating Storage and Regasification Unit (FSRU) to be used in connection with a 750MW gas-fired power plant to be set up at Meghnaghat and a 500 mmscfd LNG receiving terminal at Kutudbia Island in Bangladesh.
- Reviewing and advising on the project documents for the supply of a floating LNG storage and unloading vessel (FSU) by Bumi Armada located offshore Malta.
- Reviewing the project documents for the chartering of an LNG Floating Storage and Regasification Unit (FSRU) by PT Hoegh LNG Lampung.
- Reviewing the project documents for Indonesia's first LNG floating storage and regasification unit (FRSU) the FSRU, named Nusantara Regas Satu.
- Advising one of the oil supermajors in relation to the development of a standard form FPSO charter.
- Advising AWE Limited in relation to the engineering, procurement, construction, installation and lease of an FPSO to be located offshore Indonesia.
- Advising Yinson in the FPSO tender process in relation to the Hess Ghana Deepwater Tano / Cape Three Points Project, a large ultra deepwater block, located offshore Ghana.
- Advising a Singapore-based oil and gas company in relation to the chartering of an FPSO located offshore Thailand.
- Advising an oil company in relation to their lease of an FPSO located offshore Vietnam.
- Advising an offshore contractor in relation to an FSO project in Brazil including negotiating the conversion contract, charter and O&M agreement.
- Advising the lenders in relation to the $930m facility to a JV between Bumi Armada and Shapoorji Pallonji & Co. Ltd. in respect of FPSO "Armada Sterling V", for operation by ONGC at Block KG-DWN-98/2, offshore Godavari Delta, East India.
- Advising lenders in relation to the US$800,000,000 project financing for Yinson Production (West Africa) Pte. Ltd. (a subsidiary of Yinson Holdings Berhad) of the FPSO John Agyekum Kufuor. The FPSO is on charter to ENI and operating offshore Ghana.
- Advising enders on a US$720,000,000 conventional and Islamic financing for a subsidiary of Yinson in relation to the conversion of an FPSO, to operate offshore Brazil.
- Advising a syndicate of lenders on the US$1.12 billion limited recourse project financing of the FPSO unit "Armada Olombendo".
- Advising the lenders in relation to the US$755m limited recourse project financing of FPSO "Armada Kraken", for operation by EnQuest and Nautical Petroleum at the Kraken field in the North Sea.