Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Wasim Khan is a real estate lawyer and head of the London real estate team.
He has been involved in major transactions in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, having acted for a variety of investors, developers, funders and corporate end users. He also has extensive experience of acting for developers and banks in connection with renewable energy, waste to energy schemes, interconnector and power projects.
Wasim has worked in our Bahrain office and is involved in the development and operation of our Middle East real estate practice. He is also part of our Islamic finance group.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Royal Bank of Scotland plc, BNP Paribas, Crédit Agricole, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, and Société Générale - on the refinancing of the 2.4m sq ft Liverpool ONE shopping centre owned by Grosvenor Liverpool Fund.
- Assured Guaranty - acting for the lenders to a number of University led student accommodation developments in Sussex and Essex.
- Cubico Sustainable Investments - on the acquisition of a portfolio of solar assets and the subsequent creation of a portfolio financing platform, involving the refinancing of wind and solar assets.
- London Borough of Lewisham - on its pathfinder "Building Schools for the Future" project, commencing with the establishment of a Local Education Partnership and financial close of its sample scheme PFI and ICT contracts.
- Beckton Energy (formerly a joint venture with National Grid) - on the financing, construction and offtake arrangements for a new 19MW combined heat and power (CHP) plant which will be built at Beckton, East London and provide a significant new source of renewable energy for Thames Water.
- The Crown Estate - on the auction process for new tidal range technology. This involved scrutiny of the auction pack as well as the drafting of template lease documents. Following selection of a preferred bidder we provided full support in the legal negotiations, paying particular attention to procurement and competition issues.
- Barwa International, a subsidiary of Qatari Diar - on the development of a new chain of Shariah compliant hotels in the MENA region, branded under the name "Shaza".
- Al Faisal Holding - on the acquisition, financing and operation of the 192 room W Hotel in Leicester Square, London.
- ABC International Bank - on the £400 million Islamic financing for the redevelopment and refurbishment of South Bank Tower (formerly King's Reach Tower), Southbank, a joint venture between London developer CIT and Jadwa Investments.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, UK Green Investment Bank PLC and Bayerische Landesbank - on the £950 million Derby waste-to-energy PPP project.
- The City UK
November 22, 2018
Norton Rose Fulbright advises Trinity Mirror on its acquisition of Northern & Shell’s publishing assets
March 22, 2018
February 16, 2018