Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Cecilia Buresti is a dispute resolution and litigation lawyer based in Milan. She qualified as an Italian avvocato in 1992 and she is admitted to appear before Italy's highest court, the Corte di Cassazione.
Cecilia joined our practice in Milan in 2000 from a leading international law firm. She became a partner in 2009 and was named leader of our Italian dispute resolution team in 2015.
Cecilia assists and represents clients across several industries including insurance, manufacturing, real estate, energy and transport (including aviation). Her experience covers a wide range of civil and commercial pre-contentious and contentious matters, such as disputes relating to the manufacture and sale of allegedly defective products and related recall campaigns, environmental contamination, workplace safety, insolvency, the issuance of derivatives and other financial instruments, the delivery of financial advisory services, and the alleged breach of professional duties by directors, officers and auditors.
Ceclia also specializes in insurance claim disputes and has advised clients on numerous high profile cases.
Cecilia regularly speaks on legal topics at conferences and seminars and organises in-house training workshops for the legal teams of key clients. She also holds seminars on defective product liability organized by professional associations. She was recently invited as a guest speaker at a seminar related to the new Data Protection Regulation and the impact of the new EU Cyber Regulation on the Italian insurance market.
Cecilia has been endorsed/recommended by numerous legal directories, including Legal 500 and Chambers. She is a native Italian speaker and fluent in English.
- Law, Università di Bologna
- International and comparative law, University of Dallas Southwestern Legal Foundation
- Avvocato, qualified in Italy 1992
- Chambers Europe 2019. Insurance (Italy): Cecilia represents insurers in contentious mandates, including those involving D&O and PI policies. "She is calm and has an almost instinctive understanding of negotiations" asserts one client.
- Chambers Global/Europe 2019. Dispute resolution (Italy): Recognised practitioner.
- Legal 500 EMEA 2018. Dispute resolution (Italy): "The 'highly experienced' Norton Rose Fulbright has a particular focus on dispute resolution related to M&A, finance and insurance, as well as energy, food, life sciences and technology… Practice head Cecilia Buresti… [is] strongly recommended."
- Chambers Global/Europe 2018. Dispute resolution (Italy): Recognised practitioner.
- Chambers Europe 2018. Insurance (Italy): "Cecilia Buresti is a litigator with experience of insurance and reinsurance claims related to D&O, environment and product liability, as well as life insurance and medical malpractice issues."
- Chambers Europe 2017. Insurance (Italy): "Competent and reliable in litigious matters relating to insurance and reinsurance. She has experience handling disputes involving FI and D&O liability, as well as casualty and medical malpractice claims."
- Chambers Europe 2016. Insurance (Italy): "Focuses on contentious matters arising in the insurance sector. One client observes: Cecilia's pragmatic approach on complex matters has provided us with effective results on difficult cases. She is a dependable and constant professional."
- Chambers Europe 2015. Insurance (Italy): “Considered by market observers to be a strong lawyer in litigation matters.”
- Chambers Europe 2014. Insurance (Italy): “One of the market's most renowned litigators. One client reports: She is proactive and tough without being aggressive. She has an impressive market standing and is very charismatic."
- Legal 500 EMEA 2014. Restructuring and insolvency (Italy): “Proactive, and an excellent negotiator.”
- Legal 500 EMEA 2013. Restructuring and insolvency (Italy): "A skilled professional and tough negotiator.”
- PLC Which lawyer? 2012 and 2011. Insurance (Italy): "Cecilia Buresti is “endorsed - recommended.”
Publication | October 2018
Publication | May 2017
Publication | March 2017