Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Dr. Cornelia Marquardt is an employment lawyer based in Munich.
She leads our German employment and labour law practice and has extensive experience in individual and collective employment law matters. The core focus of her work is on strategic advice on HR matters including labour court disputes, restructurings and works council negotiations as well as corporate transactions.
Cornelia has advised numerous national and international companies on restructuring, rationalisations and outsourcing projects, including negotiations with works' councils and unions on social plans and tariff agreements. She is a strategic advisor of management and HR managers of various German and international companies on employment related law issues and regularly advises on the employment aspects of mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures.
Cornelia regularly represents our clients in legal proceedings at all German labour courts. In various cases, she successfully defended major clients in proceedings on unfair dismissal (including mass proceedings), as well as in disputes on employee benefits, salary claims or pension commitments.
- Qualification as business mediator/Wirtschaftsmediatorin (Münchener Ausbildung zum Wirtschaftsmediator), 2016 - 2017
- Qualification as specialist lawyer for employment and labour law, 2001 - 2003
- Traineeship with Superior Court of California, San Francisco, 1999
- Referendarausbildung in Regensburg, 1997 - 1999 + 2nd state exam
- Law studies at University of Regensburg, 1992 - 1996 + 1st state exam
- Fachanwältin für Arbeitsrecht 2003
- Rechtsanwältin 1999
- Wirtschaftsmediatorin 2017
- German mortgage bank active in national and international markets – employment advice on a variety of matters and successful representation in various labour court proceedings on dismissals and employees' claims
- Leading global provider of securities services for institutional investors, asset managers, financial intermediaries and corporates - advice on use of external resources
- Bilcare - sale of Bilcare Research Group (Bilcare Research, leading provider of plastic packaging used in the pharmaceutical, consumer goods and chip card manufacturing industries) to the American private equity firm Lindsay Goldberg
- Care Luxembourg S.A. - sale of Linimed Group, a leading provider of non-clinical intensive care with more than 40 locations in Germany
- Global leader in rail technology - on joint-venture for train business with strong union participation
- Global pharmaceutical company - on re-organisation of sales force incl. negotiation of social plan and voluntary leaver programme with works council.
- Global engineering company - on partial closure of German manufacturing site including negotiation of social plan and transfer company with works council and unions.
- German insurance group - on acquisition of majority share in fintech company
- Munich bank - on implementation of variable pay scheme for executive employees and new service contracts with board directors.
- Supplier for semi-conductor industry - on cross-border restructuring and mass dismissal.
- Steel-working company - representation in negotiations with unions on cost-cutting tariff agreement.
- German home savings group - on acquisition and post-merger integration of German home savings banks.
- Leading global provider of sample technologies for pharma - project-management of pan-European optimisation of allocation of personnel resources.
- Best Lawyers: Cornelia Marquardt was included in the 11th Edition of The Best Lawyers™ in Germany for Labor and Employment Law
- Chambers Europe: Recommended lawyer for employment and labour law, 2008 - 2019
- JUVE: Recommended lawyer for German employment law, 2013 - 2019
- IBC: Leading Professional of the World, 2015
- Expert Guides: Expert for Employment & Labour in Germany, 2014
- Guide to the World's Leading Women in Business Law: Leading Lawyer for Labour and Employment - Germany, 2012
- Regular contributions to ArbeitsRechtsBerater, legal magazine on employment law developments in Germany
- "Comeback der Stechuhr droht", Guest article in Lebensmittelzeitung, June 2019
- Co-author, "Tschöpe Arbeitsrecht Handbuch", March 2019
- "Unfaire Verträge gelten nicht", Guest article in Wirtschaftswoche online, February 2019
- Contractual options for holiday entitlement, ArbeitsrechtsBerater, Juli 2018
- On the German Federal Constitutional Court's recent decision on time-limited contracts, Legal Tribune Online, June 2018
- Co-author, "Tschöpe Arbeitsrecht Handbuch", March 2017
- Co-author, "Gesamtes Arbeitsrecht, NomosKommentar", April 2016
- Beck Personal-Lexikon, Online edition, with quarterly updates
- Interview on liabilities of managers, Zeit Online, 2014
- Classical pitfalls of sick pay obligations, Haufe Online, 2014
- Protection of data protection officers, Immobilienzeitung, 2011
- Co-author, "AnwaltKommentar Arbeitsrecht", October 2007
- "Freie Erfindungen im Arbeitsverhältnis", January 2002
December 09, 2019
November 13, 2019
June 22, 2018
Publication | September 20, 2019
Publication | August 26, 2019
Publication | July 23, 2019
Publication | Januar 2019