Head of Hong Kong
Norton Rose Fulbright Hong Kong
Related services and key industries
Psyche Tai is a corporate lawyer and head of our Hong Kong office, with more than 20 years of Hong Kong capital market experience.
Psyche has significant experience in all aspects of corporate and commercial law, including M&A, public company takeovers, IPOs, reverse takeovers, joint ventures, convertibles, corporate restructuring of Hong Kong and PRC corporations listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and the PRC stock exchanges. Her experience extends to compliance, regulatory, trust-related matters and intellectual property.
She joined the firm in 2003 and became a partner in May 2004.
- Bachelor of law (Honours), University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor's degree in Chinese law from the Peking University, 2002
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Solicitor, qualified in Hong Kong 1995
- Beijing Capital Land Ltd (delisted, 2868.HK prior to delisting) - on its privatization by way of merger by absorption by Capital Group, the Company's controlling shareholder, acting through a wholly-owned subsidiary and involving an aggregate payment of approximately HK$5.28bn to the Company's holders of H shares and non-H foreign shares.
- China Taiping Insurance Holdings Company Limited (0966.HK) and Taiping Reinsurance Co. Ltd. - in connection with Ageas SA/NV' subscription of 25 percent in the share capital of Taiping Reinsurance for a consideration of HK$3.1m (approximately US$400m).
- China Dili Group (1387.HK, formerly known as Renhe Commercial Holdings Company Limited) - on its RMB4bn acquisition of the land and properties on which China Dili operates its agricultural wholesale markets in China. The transaction is expected to benefit the operations of the agricultural markets by enabling China Dili to expand as landlord in space and scale and achieve upgrades. The transaction constitutes a major acquisition and connected transaction of China Dili under the Listing Rules.
- A Hong Kong family - on the sale of its 75 percent interest in Homag China Golden Field Limited to its 25 percent joint venture partner Homag Group AG (HG1.DE), for more than €11m.
- BBI Life Sciences Corporation (delisted, 1035.HK prior to delisting) on its privatization by way of a Cayman Islands scheme of arrangement for HK$880.7m (approximately US$113.3m). The offeror is a company owned and controlled by the controlling shareholders of BBI Life. BBI Life and its subsidiaries are principally engaged in the provision of DNA synthesis products, genetic engineering services, life sciences research consumables and protein and antibody related products and services.
- JBM (Healthcare) Limited (2161.HK) - on the spin-off listing from Jacobson Pharma Corporation Limited (2633.HK) as its branded healthcare business on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong by way of a distribution in specie and the HK$10.6m public offer. Jacobson Pharma is a market leader in the pharmaceutical industry in Hong Kong in the research, development, production, marketing and sale of essential medicines.
- China International Capital Corporation Hong Kong Securities Limited as the sole sponsor - on the spin-off of C&D Property Management Group Co., Ltd (2156.HK) from C&D International Investment Group Limited (1908.HK) and separate listing on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong by way of distribution in specie. C&D Property is a leading property management services provider in the Fujian Province in China, and is primarily engaged in three business lines, namely (i) property management services, (ii) community value-added and synergy services, and (iii) value-added services to non-property owners. C&D Property is a subsidiary of Xiamen C&D Corporation Limited, a large-scale conglomerate and a Fortune Global 500 Company, which is owned and supervised by the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of Xiamen Municipal People's Government in China.
- Sino-Ocean Service Holding Limited (6677.HK) - on the spin-off from Sino-Ocean Group Holding Limited (3377.HK) and separate listing of its shares on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong, and the HK$1.635bn global offering. Sino-Ocean Service is a reputable property management service provider with extensive geographic coverage in China, and is engaged in three main business lines, namely (i) property management services; (ii) value-added services to non-property owners; and (iii) community value-added services.
- HSBC Corporate Finance (Hong Kong) Limited and Morgan Stanley Asia Limited as the joint sponsors - on the spin-off of Sunac Services Holdings Limited (1516.HK) from Sunac China Holdings Limited (1918.HK) and separate listing on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong, and the HK$8bn global offering. Sunac Services is the fastest-growing large-scale property management service provider with a leading market position in China, and is engaged in property management services, value-added services to non-property owners, and community value-added services.
- GF Capital, Huatai and ABCI as the joint sponsors to, and GF Securities, Huatai, ABCI, CLSA, UBS AG Hong Kong Branch and CCB International as the joint global coordinators of, the listing on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange of the H shares of Poly Property Development Co., Ltd. (Poly Property) (6049.HK), which raised HK$5.4bn in its global offering. Poly Property is a leading comprehensive property management service provider in the PRC with extensive property management scale and state-owned background. The listing of Poly Property constitutes a spin-off from its controlling shareholder, Poly Developments and Holdings Group Co., Ltd., whose shares are listed on the mainboard of the Shanghai Stock Exchange in the PRC.
Leading individual, Corporate (including M&A), The Legal 500 Hong Kong, 2020-2021
Leading individual, Capital markets (Equity), The Legal 500 Hong Kong, 2021
Lawyer of the Year: M&A and PE, Asia Women in Business Law award, 2018
Member of the Company Law Committee of the Law Society of Hong Kong.
Former Company Secretary of The People's Insurance Company (Group) of China Limited (01339.HK).
Norton Rose Fulbright advises HSBC on pre-conditional privatisation of Yashili by China Mengniu Dairy
May 17, 2022
January 13, 2022
January 10, 2022
Update | April 06, 2020
Update | April 01, 2020
Publication | September 12, 2019