Tom Taylor is a real estate lawyer based in London. His practice includes a wide range of transactional commercial real estate work, including investment, development, landlord and tenant work and the property aspects of corporate sales and acquisitions. Tom has particular experience of acting for major institutional clients and high profile international investors on the acquisition, disposal and development of substantial residential private rented sector and mixed use schemes.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Advising as part of a multi-disciplinary team on the £1.5bn redevelopment of Olympia London, a 130 year old exhibition and events business situated on a prime 14 acre freehold site in West London.
- Advising Civitas Investment Management on the acquisition and financing of its portfolios of registered care and specialist supported housing throughout the UK within the Civitas Social Housing plc fund and the new £1bn private fund Social Healthcare Properties LP.
- Acting for DP World on the acquisition and redevelopment of the London Gateway Port and Logistics Park, a £1.5 billion world class container port and logistics park covering over 2,500 acres in Thurrock, Essex.
- Acted for Prime London Ventures, a joint venture between Ivanhoé Cambridge and Residential Land on the acquisition (both as standing investments and as forward purchases) of its substantial central London private rented sector and mixed use portfolio.
- Acting for Ivanhoé Cambridge on its joint venture with Greystar on the acquisition and proposed redevelopment of the old GlaxoSmithKline site in Greenford, consisting of approximately 2,000 private rented sector units together with over 225,000 square feet of commercial space.
- Acting as part of the team which advised the Malaysian consortium on the acquisition and financing of the Battersea Power Station Project.
- Advised German fund manager GLL Real Estate Partners on the acquisition and disposal of a number of substantial central London office premises.
- Acting for Schroders plc on the acquisition, letting and disposal of prime central London investment properties for its West End of London Property Unit Trust.
- Advised Australian bank Macquarie Capital in relation to their involvement in the £2.5 billion Silvertown Quays development in London's Royal Docks.
- Advised Eco World Development Group on the property aspects of its £2bn joint venture with Ballymore for the development of London City Island (Leamouth) Embassy Gardens (Nine Elms) and The Wardian (Docklands).
- Acted for a Singaporean investor on the acquisition of prime Mayfair office premises.
- Estates Gazette 20 June 2015: Warranty and indemnity insurance: bridging the gap
- Estates Gazette 24 November 2012: Upstairs, downstairs - controlling the use of street-level retail units in high-end mixed use developments