Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Dominic Hennessy is a dispute resolution lawyer based in London. Dominic focuses on high-value, complex, commercial and banking litigation and international arbitration, including debt recovery and enforcement proceedings.
Dominic mainly advises financial institutions but has also acted for corporates operating in the energy, infrastructure, media, technology and transportation sectors. He has also advised companies in the UK and Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) on regulatory investigations, including under s.166 of the Financial Services and Markets Act.
Dominic previously worked in our Dubai office for four years and, following his return to London, spent seven months at a major UK bank on secondment.
- Law, King's College University, London
- Legal Practice Certificate, BPP Law School
- Solicitor-advocate with higher rights of audience in the courts of England and Wales (Higher Courts Civil Proceedings)
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- BNY Mellon v LBG Capital No.1 - advised Lloyds Banking Group on Part 8 proceedings brought by the Trustee of convertible capital notes concerning the Bank's rights to redeem the notes. We acted for the Bank on its successful appeal to the Court of Appeal ( EWCA Civ 1257) and Supreme Court ( UKSC 29)
- Millennium Global Emerging Credit Master Fund v Citigroup Global Markets Limited - advised Citigroup in relation to a US$50m claim concerning the close-out valuation of a number of TRS and CDS derivatives transactions under a 2002 ISDA Master Agreement
- Advised a leading African bank on an urgent anti-suit injunction restraining proceedings in India, brought in contravention of an exclusive English jurisdiction clause under a letter of credit. We obtained an injunction within 24 hours of the bank being notified of the proposed hearing in India
- Advised two international Islamic banks on obtaining a default judgment for an amount of US$46m for amounts owed under a Murabaha financing agreement
- Advised a leading UK bank on a number of claims by SMEs arising out of the sales of interest rate hedging products.
- Advised three entities in the Royal Dutch Shell group on a high profile +US$180m Commercial Court dispute brought by the liquidators of Go Science Limited. The claim raised complex civil fraud claims based on the economic torts of unlawful conspiracy to injure and causing loss by unlawful means, as well as a number of initial jurisdictional arguments.
- Dominic is ranked in Legal 500, 2018, and is described as a "key of counsel" in a practice area boasting "great depth of experience and knowledge."
Blog | December 14, 2021
Blog | November 11, 2021
Blog | November 10, 2021
Blog | June 30, 2021