Norton Rose Fulbright Hong Kong
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Rachel Chan is a corporate lawyer based in Hong Kong. She advises on a variety of corporate matters including cross-border M&A and auction sales; public takeover, whitewash and privatisation; reverse takeover, initial public offering, rights issues and other ECM transactions.
Rachel has represented private equity funds in pre and post-IPO investments and her practice also includes regulatory compliance matters.
- LLB (Honours) degree, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Solicitor, qualified in Hong Kong
- Solictor, qualified in England & Wales (Not Practised)
- JBM (Healthcare) (2161.HK): spin-off listing and global offering. Represented the Company.
- Juda International, now known as Beijing Capital Grand (1329.HK): HK$1,963.4m acquisition of Xi'an First City from Beijing Capital Land. Listing by way of reverse takeover. Represented the Company.
- China Shanshui Cement (0691.HK): Main Board IPO and US$296m global offering. Represented the Company.
- Biostime, now known as H&H (1112.HK): Main Board IPO and HK$1.65bn global offering. Represented HSBC.
- Dalian Port, now known as Liaoning Port (2880.HK): H-share Main Board IPO and HK$2.1bn global offering. Represented BNP Paribas and UBS
- China Mengniu Dairy (2319.HK): pre-conditional privatisation of Yashili International (1230.HK) by way of scheme of arrangement. Represented HSBC in its capacity as financial adviser to China Mengniu Dairy.
- Hifood Group (0442.HK): mandatory general offer by Perfect Gain Group Limited for HK$1.546 per share in Hifood Group Holdings Co., Limited.
- Beijing Capital Land (delisted, 2868.HK prior to delisting): privatisation by way of merger by absorption by Capital Group.
- China Taiping Insurance (0966.HK) and Taiping Reinsurance: Ageas' subscription of 25% in the share capital of Taiping Reinsurance for a consideration of HK$3,100 million.
- China Dili Group (1387.HK): RMB4 billion acquisition of the land and properties on which China Dili operates its agricultural wholesale markets in China and HK$1.47 billion acquisition of certain agricultural markets situated in Hangzhou, China.
- Mandarin Chinese
Publication | April 25, 2023
Publication | February 23, 2023